Chapter 3

She was finally able to wake, her wolf had been urging her to wake up and telling her it was time.

Opening her eyes, the first thing she noticed, was the large hand holding hers.

As her senses began to work, she took note of the weight holding her down, that her head lay on a man's chest. Slightly alarmed, she stilled for a moment, but it was her wolf's calm state, that made her realise she wasn't in harm's way.

The scent surrounding her drew her in, calming her senses.

Lifting her head weakly, she gazed up at the handsome face of the male lying beneath her, he was sleeping soundly.

Giving her a few moments to memorize every little feature of his face.

For some or other reason, she knew that he was important to her and that she had seen him before...

Feeling someone watching him, Mason opened his eyes, only to freeze in surprise, as his eyes locked with the hazel eyes of his mate staring back at him.

Thinking he was still dreaming, he lifted his hand and brushed a finger lightly across her lips, only to sigh in relief, when she took his hand and placed it against her cheek.

When the male stirred and opened his eyes, she could only stare at the deep blue of his eyes.

Closing her eyes briefly, she heard the words of her wolf repeat in her head, she now knew that he was her mate.

At the feel of his finger brushing lightly on her lips, she weakly took his large hand and pressed it against her cheek, savouring the rough feel of his palm against her skin.

"Please open your eyes..." He whispered out gruffly.

Hearing the plea of her mate, she opened her eyes and smiled at him, "Hello, mate..." She spoke softly, her mouth feeling as if it had cotton wool stuffed down it.

Mason remained motionless and stunned, not only at her beautiful smile, but at her sweet voice.

Tilting her head slightly, leaning it against his hand, she licked her dry lips, "Cat got your tongue...?" She asked.

His mind zoned in to her lips, groaning internally, when she licked her lips.

"Could I please have some water...?" She attempted to ask.

Coming out of his haze, he realised that he had been neglectful towards him mate.

A thought crossed his mind as he contemplated her request, "I'm not sure if I can give you water..." Seeing her frown at him in confusion, he quickly elaborated, "We have to see if the doctor will allow it..."

"But...I am thirsty." She stated.

Wanting to appease his mate, he smirked when an idea popped into his head, pulling her up towards him, kissing her passionately.

Both moaning at the pleasure the action drew forth, both unawares as their Alpha entered into the room...