Prologue

For years, Leo had been searching for his mate, resolving never to give up, wanting what his parents had.

Yet...fate had dealt a blow, his mate had been within his grasp, but before she could reach him, she had been taken away from him abruptly.

At the time, her name did not register, for him it was just another name on a list of girls gone missing.

But, sitting in his office alone, he could not stop staring at the photo of his mate, memorizing every little detail of her facial features.

He had gone over every information, provided by her Alpha that she was an orphan, parents killed when she was only three, taken in by the Beta of Eclipse Pack, best friend to Raven, black hair, emerald colored eyes, small stature, took care of the pack children, kind and protective.

His mind in turmoil, going back a few months, trying to pinpoint anything that might have indicated that she was near, the only thing he could recollect was that his wolf had been anxious.

Now...he could only feel the sadness and anger eating away inside him.

Wandering if she was still alive and the only person that could give him information, did not have her memory back.

"I told you I didn't want to be disturbed." He growled out at Gabe, his hands fisting, as he glared at his brother.

"I might have some news..." Gabe spoke quickly, "I spoke to Angel, describing your mate, she remembers seeing a woman fitting that description..."

Leo leapt up from his chair, standing before his brother in a second, grabbing him by his shirt, "And where is she...?" He growled out threateningly.

"The day that she saved Raven, was the last time she had seen her," Gabe replied calmly, "After that, the woman was moved to another area..."

"So, you are telling me that her brother, Griffin, has my mate?" Leo asked, staring at his brother, "And why did she only save Raven and not my mate?"

"My mate is not the enemy here." Gabe stated firmly, feeling protective of his mate, "So I suggest you back off..." Standing his ground, daring his brother to try to say anything negative.

Leo growled, shoving his brother, pacing the office, raking his hands through his hair, "I'm not saying she is..." He muttered, "But what other reason could there be, for not saving Grace."

"According to her..." Gabe began, taking a moment, "The woman was under heavy sedatives, wouldn't have been able to move her unaided." Gabe informed his brother, "She barely made it out with Raven, it was too much of a risk to try bringing both of them and by the time her brother got back, he decided to move the woman to an undisclosed area."

Leo stopped his pacing, facing his brother, "So you are telling me, that my mate is being harmed?"

"No...!" Gabe exclaimed, "According to Angel, the woman reminded her of sleeping beauty, she often wondered why Raven was being abused, yet this woman remained untouched." Gabe shook his head, "Something is just not right, we need to interrogate Megan further or hope that Ryker makes a mistake and we can catch him, because whatever is going on, I have a feeling that it has got something to do with us."

"Why do you say that?" Leo asked, frowning at his brother.

"Think about it. It all started with Keira's disappearance a few months back, probably around the same time that your mate went missing," Gabe explained, "If we start to connect the dots, it all comes back to us."

"But Red Moon has been for years kidnapping girls," Leo argued, "So why now...?"

Gabe shrugged, "There could be many reasons, I personally think that Ryker made a grave mistake in rejecting and kidnapping our sister, drawing our attention to what is really happening..."

Leo contemplated his brother's words, "I guess I need to have another chat with Megan." He spoke lowly, his tone calm, yet deadly.