Chapter 7

For Grace it felt like hours before they finally all sat down and talked.

She was introduced to the male that had entered the room earlier, he was her mate's brother, Austin. Then she met Austin's mate Selina, she was also told that they were the Alpha and Luna of Red Moon pack.

Leo always hovered in the background, making sure that her needs were met and insisted on carrying her downstairs to the Alpha office.

Once Leo settled down on the couch, with her in his lap, he began to explain the circumstances of how they came to find her.

Grace listened intently, absorbing the facts of what he was telling her, waiting patiently for her turn.

"...And that is how we found you." Leo concluded, gazing at his mate, "So now, I would like to know how you became embroiled in all of this?" He asked.

While Grace remained silent, wondering where to start.

"Raven and I made a promise, that if we reached the age of twenty-five and hadn't found our mates, we would leave our pack and go searching for them." She decided to start at the beginning, "We made our way along the county looking from one pack to another, until we came upon Lunar pack." She then gazed at Leo, "We were in the nearby town, browsing through the woman's clothes store, when I saw you on the other side of the road, I immediately knew that you were mine, I mentioned it to Raven, but apparently the male you were with, was your mate, we planned to follow and make ourselves known."

Taking a deep breath, she continued, " But then this woman stepped forward, told us that she overheard our conversation, that she knew you personally, you were practically family and that she could help us."

"And then what happened?" Leo asked, his body tensing with each word that spilled from his mate's mouth.

Grace shook her head, "She was so sweet, kind...we never thought she was capable of doing what she did." Remembering the friendly façade of the woman they met that day, "She convinced us to meet her at a designated spot, telling us that she would bring you to us, never imagining it would be a trap..."

Leo growled lowly, his grip on his mate tightening slightly, his mind already imagining what came next, "So that is when they captured you!"

She nodded her head, "I should have listened to my instincts, as we arrived at the spot. We were surrounded by a couple of guys, we fought hard, but we were no match for their strength or numbers." She sobbed, leaning her head against her mate's chest, taking comfort, "I was knocked out, the last thing I remember is seeing Raven being pinned down..."

Everyone remained quietly contemplating what they had heard.

Austin was the first one to speak, "Do you know the name of the woman you met, have you realized how long you have been missing and how did you know my brother's name?" He fired question after question, a frown on his face.

Leo growled at his brother, "She will answer us when she is ready, she is not under interrogation or a threat." He stated firmly, making his brother aware that he did not take kindly to the way Austin was asking the questions.

"It's fine..." Grace spoke, placing her hand on Leo's chest, gazing at Austin, a frown on her face, "I only realized that I had been missing after listening to your brother's turn of events, as for knowing his name...she told us his name, as well as the name of the guy that was with him."

"And who is she...?" Austin asked, leaning forward, hopeful that they might get a break in their search for the traitors.

Grace thought hard, the woman had only said her name once, "Kara..."

Shaking her head for a moment, trying to remember, "Yes that is name of she gave us...it was definitely Kara." She stated, nodding her head, sighing in relief at having remembered that small detail.

Everyone in the room froze.

"It can't be...!" Selina gasped out, shock on her face.