Chapter 21

In the interim, everyone at the pack house was running around like crazy.

First it had been, when Leo had finally stormed out of his office, angry with himself for being an utter fool, going in search of his mate, wanting to repair the damage he had done, by doubting her.

Only to realize that she was not in their quarters, wasting time searching every nook and cranny of their room. Frustration and anger simmering beneath the surface, he then searched the pack house, room by room, coming up with nothing, growling out in anger at everyone who crossed his path.

Mason and Gabe too began to search for their mates, worry began to escalate, as they all finally realized that they weren't in the house, reaching the foyer, they all stood there facing each other, each one trying to communicate with their other half, coming up blank.

The front door slamming open had them all turning in unison, ready to pummel whoever dared to interrupt, only to stop short, as their gazes landed on a young juvenile. His form disheveled and unkempt, his breathing harsh as if the hounds of hell had chased him, his eyes wild and scared, his exposed arms and face littered with scratches and bruises.

"What the fuck...?" Was the first thing to pass Leo's lips, finally reacting and moving towards the kid, "What happened to you?"

The kid bowed his head in submission, hearing the authority in the voice of his Alpha, "That told me to give this to you..." He nervously stuttered out.

Leo frowned, first gazing at the young boy, then down at the note the kid held in his trembling hand, snatching it, he opened the letter. His eyes scanning the letter, with each word he read, rage began to build inside him, with a large growl, he slammed his fist into the nearest wall, shouting and swearing profanities, his mind in a blind rage.

Mason grabbed the note from Leo's hand, reading what was written within, a sense of foreboding crawling through his body, his body tensing at the words he read, shaking...trying to control his wolf, handing the note to Gabe.

"Fuck...!" Gabe growled out, having read the note, reacting in the same way as the other two, "Who gave you this...?" He shouted out at the young kid, a threatening tone to his voice, moving with speed to stand before the kid, glaring him down.

Having heard the commotion, Rafe and Kara had entered the foyer, seeing the three men in a blind uncontrolled anger, "What the hell is going on...?" Rafe asked, his voice rising in dominance.

Gabe unable to speak, threw the paper at his father's feet, still glaring at the young kid, wanting answers.

Rafe scooped down and picked up the note, standing back up straight, reading the letter, his mate looking over as well, a gasp escaping her lips as she read each word, an agonized sob coming out of her.

Having calmed down somewhat, Leo grabbed the note again, re-reading its contents, "So...the bitch wants us to submit or else they will kill our mates one by one." He growled out, clenching the note in a tight grip, fury rising inside him yet again.

"How the hell did they get our mates...?" Was what Mason asked, pacing the foyer, rubbing the back of his neck, anger radiating from every part of his body.

"According to them...they took the golden opportunity to kidnap them, when they were unprotected." The young kid stuttered out, shrinking back as Gabe continued to glare at him in deadly silence, bowing his head further down, trying not to make eye contact.

"Gabe...let the boy go." Rafe ordered his son, still having the power to control at least one of his sons, "He is only the messenger, can't you see that the kid has nothing to do with this."

Turning around swiftly, "They've got my fucking pregnant mate...!" Gabe shouted out, glaring now at his Dad, his breath becoming harsh and aggressive.

"Yes..." Rafe calmly reasoned, "And if you don't get yourself under control, then you are wasting precious time in getting things organized and calling in the troops."

"We have less than twenty-four hours to get everyone here, how are we going to save the girls...?" Kara asked, a whimper escaping her lips.

Having taken a calming breath, closing his eyes briefly, praying to the Moon Goddess for strength, "We have already set plans in motion, should this have happened without warning." Leo spoke up, "Every pack that has formed an alliance with us, as well as the council, have been given a code, should one of us require immediate assistance."

Having being reminded of the plan, "I'll get right on it...!" Mason spoke, taking his cell phone out of his pocket and pressing a few numbers, activating the emergency code.

"Then we will gather our forces and make our way to the allocated spot." Leo spoke out, moving to give out orders, contacting all allied Alphas and informing them of the details, preparing for the battle ahead.