Chapter 20

Grace sensed the two people behind her, despite her current mindset, "I am not ready to go in yet..." She spoke out, her body tense.

"So...not even to greet a friend will you come back in?" A familiar voice spoke up.

Shocked, Grace whirled around, stumbling a few steps back, "Raven...?" She stuttered out, a sob escaping her throat, as she stared at the smiling face of her dear friend.

Raven's eyes filled with tears of joy, opening her arms, laughing as Grace ran into them, hugging her as best as she could, despite the baby bump being in the way, "Of course silly...who else would it be?" She asked, a smile on her face.

Giving her friend one more hug, she stepped back, wiping the tears from her face, "I thought you had no memory...?" She asked, confusion in her voice.

"Still do...only bits and pieces." Raven replied, shrugging her shoulders, still with a smile on her face, "Do you think that I would ever forget my best friend of all time?"

"No...!" Grace exclaimed, "It's just that they said you had lost all memory."

"What they see and what I know is two different things." Ravens stated, "But never mind that for now, how are you actually doing?" Watching as Grace's face fell instantly, the hurt and sadness clearly exposed for all too see.

Hurting at the reminder, Grace slumped her shoulders, gazing beyond her friends form, "I need to go somewhere else...at the moment being here, just reminds me of what I had thought was family, only to realize that they will turn on you in an instant." She instead said.

"There is a place we can go too..." Angel finally piped in, having watched and listened to the women's interactions, a caring smile on her face.

"But won't they stop us from leaving...?" Raven asked, a frown on her face.

"Leave that up to me..." Angel replied, a smirk on her face.

Grace was not going to complain, she needed to get away for a bit, come to terms on how she felt and try to compose herself for the confrontation she knew was going to happen when she came face to face with her mate.

Both women finally relenting and following Angel, as she made her way towards a vehicle, amused for a moment, when she threatened bodily harm on the guard who dared to deny them the right to leave the premises.

Having Angel, the Lead Warrior's mate, berate him was one thing, especially a pregnant woman, but having three staring him down, was enough to send him scurrying off in a hurry.

All three women finally heading towards the town nearby, according to Angel's declaration, that they needed some ice cream to come up with a plan of action against their foolish and over protective mates.

As they were nearing the town, it was only then that Angel realized that they were being followed by a dark SUV, "Shit..." She mumbled out.

Just as the other vehicle bumped into the rear of the vehicle she was driving, trying to get away, she accelerated, hoping to reach the town before it was too late, dodging another attempt as the other vehicle tried again to run her off the road.

"Hold on girls...this is going to be one fucking bumpy ride." She shouted out, trying to keep a grip on the steering wheel, praying hard that no harm came to them all.

Grace gasped out in shock, turning slightly in her seat, the seat belt keeping her in place, glancing towards the back, seeing a large dark vehicle approaching at speed, reaching her hand out automatically, she gripped Raven's hand, giving comfort and support, as Raven sat in the back trembling with fear.

Angel tried her best to maintain control, but knowing it was a losing battle, sighing in defeat, she slowed the vehicle down, coming to an abrupt stop, if they carried on as they did, there was a risk of crashing and losing a life.

"Fuck...!" She mumbled out, slamming the steering wheel with force, watching as a couple of men approached their vehicle from all sides, guns in their hands.

Forcing all three women out of their vehicle and before either one of them could utter a word, they were all knocked out in an instant.