Chapter 9

"Told me what?" She instantly asked, staring directly at her mate, frowning at him.

Leo flushed, rubbing his hands soothingly against her back, "As I told you, Raven is fine, it is just that she..."

"She is what?" Grace interrupted, getting agitated.

"She has no memory of her past..." He rushed out, wincing at the tight grip his mate had on his arms.

"Why didn't you tell me that in the first place." She asked angrily, "Who the hell do you think you are, keeping something like that away from me." Shoving her mate, wanting to get out of his embrace.

Leo kept a firm grip on his mate, with a flick of his head, he ordered his brother to leave them alone, waiting as they left the room.

"Dammit...I didn't want to upset you further. I would have told you eventually, prepared you to the fact of Raven's state of mind." He spoke out frustratingly, shaking her lightly, "I am your mate and thought it was in your best interest to wait until the doc had seen you, before informing you..."

"So I was good enough to kiss senseless, but not good enough to know that my best friend was not doing so well." She still argued, glaring at him.

"Fine...I am at fault, I lost all common sense the moment you opened your eyes and the only thing I could think of, is too kiss you." He argued back, his voice rising with each word.

Huffing, crossing her arms, "You are an idiot, you know that...!" She retorted, rolling her eyes, "I should really kick you where the sun don't shine..."

"Try it...I dare you!" He threatened lowly, still glaring at her.

Feeling challenged, Grace began to lift her leg, only to gasp as her mate swiftly lifted her up by her bottom, pulling her up to his height and without warning, crashing his lips against hers, kissing her passionately.

Her hands maneuvered behind his head, her fingers raking and tugging through his dark hair, pushing his head down, kissing him back with as much passion, fighting for dominance.

"Ahem...!" Austin coughed loudly behind them, "If you don't mind keeping that in the bedroom, I would much appreciate it, after all this is my office and I don't need that kind of thing happening here or the knowledge that my own brother did it in here."

Selina giggled lowly behind him, "Unless of course it is you, who is doing it...!" She teased, smiling at the memories discreetly, thinking of their time in the office.

Austin stared back at his mate, giving her a wink and a loving smile.

Then looking back at the pair, quirking an eyebrow at them, keeping a blank expression, crossing his arms and tilting his head to the side.

"You have the worst timing...This is the second time that you have interrupted us!" Leo growled, glaring angrily at his brother, while still keeping his stubborn mate in his arms.

Austin shrugged, "My home, my pack, my rules..." He stated calmly, "Now you know how it feels being on the other side of it."

"Screw you...!" Leo argued, still in a foul mood.

"The only person to screw me and screw me anytime they want or to the point of death, is my mate," He responded back amusingly, enjoying his brother's anger and discomfort.

Selina could only shake her head in embarrassment, at her mate's crude words.

Whereas, Grace burst out laughing, the moment she saw the scowl on Leo's face, breaking the tension that surrounded them all.

With Grace's infectious laughter, everyone, including the sour Leo, joined in.

As everyone finally calmed down, Leo cupped Grace's face, leaning his forehead against hers, "I'm sorry, I promise to always keep you informed of important facts..." He apologized sincerely, gazing at her with love and affection.

"Then I will try to keep an open mind..." She replied back, placing her hands over his, her love and understanding, shining through, as she gazed back at him.