Chapter 4

Leo followed the scout along the corridor, his body alert and tense, wondering what was so urgent.

At the door stood a female warrior, "Sir, we took out some guards that were guarding this room." She spoke as her Alpha approached, "We investigated inside and came upon an unconscious female."

Leo nodded in response, approaching the door, slowly opening it, only to freeze in his spot, as the scent in the room invaded his senses.

Shaking himself out of his daze, he moved swiftly towards the bed, gazing at the form lying peacefully on the bed. Angel was correct in her description, the female lying there looked like sleeping beauty.

With a trembling hand, he reached out slowly, his finger lightly touching the woman's face, "Mate..." He whispered, the moment his finger touched her soft silken skin.

Leo could not believe it, it was too good to be true, was it so simple and easy that he has finally found his mate. He had prepared himself for the worse and having to wait a long time before he got answers, so it was a shock to see that his mate was right here before him.

Shaken to the core, he gathered his mate into his arms, still unsure if this was real or not, thinking he had been transported into another reality, hiding his head in the crook of her neck, he inhaled deeply, tears forming in his eyes, as he felt the faint pulse in her neck, against his lips.

"Sir..." The same female warrior spoke lowly, "We need to get her to a pack doctor." She stated firmly and understandingly, having been one of the first to witness her Alpha find his mate.

Leo nodded his head, taking a calming breath, he stood up to his full height, with his mate cradled protectively in his arms, "Thank you..." He spoke, as the female warrior placed a blanket over his mate, covering her up against the coldness of the night.

He made his way slowly and carefully downstairs, leaving the warehouse behind him, glancing down now and then at his mate, making sure that she was okay.

Grateful when he spotted a SUV parked at the exit, without having to say anything, he climbed in the back with his mate, the door shutting behind him, as the driver immediately started the engine and drove at a safe speed towards Austin's pack.

Silence surrounded them as they made the journey.

Sighing in relief as he saw Austin's pack house come into view, as the vehicle came to a standstill, Austin was the first to open the back door, "The Doc is waiting." He informed Leo, "I will lead the way..."

Leo was grateful that his brother didn't waste time, following him into the pack house, up the stairs, into a bedroom, where an older gentleman stood waiting, moving towards the bed, he placed his mate gently down, then forcing himself to step back, so that the doctor could examine her.

Austin placed his hand on Leo's shoulder, "All will be okay..." He stated calmly.

Leo nodded, unable to speak, a lump in his throat, his hands clenched into tight fists by his side, as he watched the doctor intently.

What felt like hours, the doctor finally faced the Alpha's before him, "There seems to be nothing physically wrong with her..." Then looking down at the young woman, frowning, "It seems she is in a deep state of sleep...Is there anything you can tell me about her incarceration?"

"We found her exactly like this..." Leo spoke, moving towards the bed, sitting down and taking his mate's small hand into his, needing to touch his mate.

"Didn't Gabe's mate mention that the woman they had was constantly being injected with some kind of anesthesia." Austin asked.

"If that is the case, I need to take a blood sample and have it tested, to see how much is still in her system," The doctor spoke, "Then we can determine how it is affecting her and treatment."

"Will it be bad?" Leo asked lowly, still gazing at his mate.

"We are werewolves, so our bodies should flush it out of our system very quickly. Though I need to determine how much she has been given, before I can give a definitive answer." The Doc replied.

"What my brother is asking Doc, will she recover?" Austin asked, staring intently at the doctor, crossing his arms.

"In my unbiased opinion, she seems to be doing fine, no visible organ failure." The Doc responded respectfully, "So...I'm thinking we need to monitor her progress and hope she wakes up gradually, without any side effects."

"Then take whatever blood sample you require and get answers asap." Austin ordered.

Leo watched as the doctor, inserted a needle into his mate's arm, growling lowly in warning at the doctor.

"Easy there bro..." Austin spoke calmly, smiling when his brother glared at him, "Let the poor fella do his job." Dismissing the doctor once he was done, "I will let you be with your mate and inform Selina of the current events. Should you need me, just call."

"Thank you..." Leo thanked his brother, gazing back at his mate, not even registering that his brother had left the room.