Chapter 19

"She went that way..." A female voice spoke, startling Angel from her thoughts.

Turning slowly around, sighing in relief, as she saw Raven standing nearby, "You scared me! What are doing here, lurking in the shadows?" Angel asked, breathless from the fright.

Raven shrugged her shoulders, moving forward, "Mason tries too much to protect me, not realizing that I am too curious for my own good." She began, a smirk appearing on her face, "I knew something was up and decided to sneak around."

Shaking her head, a smile forming on her lips, "He worries about the health of you and your unborn pup." Angel stated, "Yet I can understand, that sometimes their over protectiveness can be too much."

"Yep...like the fact that nobody told me that Grace was here!" She commented, crossing her arms and gazing directly at Angel.

Shocked, "You recognized her?" Angel stuttered out.

"At first I was shocked, when she ran past me...taking me a moment to realize who she was." Raven responded, "But then as soon as I realized who she was, you came rushing out...So what is the big deal, why is my friend running out all crying?"

Shaking her head from her shocked state, Angel began to describe in detail as to what had transpired, as they both walked in the direction Raven had seen Grace run too.

"So...you are telling me that her jerk of a mate betrayed her, in doubting her word?" Raven asked, quirking an eyebrow, watching as Angel nodded her head in agreement, "Humph...he deserves a lot worse, than her walking away for the time being!"

Laughing lightly, "I still can't get over the fact that you remembered Grace..." Angel instead responded, a bit of amusement in her voice.

Raven rolled her eyes, "I have been having small snippets of my past, mind you...not the traumatic ones as yet, so I am able to piece something's together." She elaborated, "Mason just assumes that anything associated with my past, might trigger a nightmare and I will have a relapse."

"He is only worried about your health, especially after the way he almost lost you..." Angel replied, slightly defending the actions of Raven's mate.

Sighing, her shoulders slumping in defeat, "I understand that, but having him by my side, has made me stronger to deal with things, I need to face the fact that one day I might remember everything and it's not going to be pretty." She explained, her tone softening with the thought of her loving and concerned mate.

Having reached the outside of the pack house, both scanned the area, seeing a lone figure in the distance under a large tree nearby.

"There she is..." Angel spoke, both women making their way towards Grace.