Chapter 12

The Thanksgiving dinner from hell... yup there's more

It's funny how you think a day couldn't get possibly any worse, but then it does... I mean, you're running behind with your cooking, mess up your man's cookies, and then have your mom walk in on you when you were just about to get a piece of fine ass! Yeah, that's pretty bad.

I had jumped in the shower, on my mother order, only to come out to see some cloths she laid out on my bed for me to wear. Now my mother and I have very, and I mean VERY, different taste in clothing. I know my choice in clothes can be, well lacking at times, but my mothers, it's like The Golden Girls meets Saturday Night Fever. So when I first saw what she laid out I was like... Oh hell, to the no am I wearing that!

But after a minute, and a long sigh, I picked up the blouse and proceeded to get myself ready. If there was one thing I knew about my mother, I had to pick and chose my battles with her, and with Bodhi here and with her not to happy about it, clothing wasn't one of them.

So when I walked down the stairs... "Oh Gabby, you look beautiful!" Gail gushed.

"So beautiful!" Rosalie agreed.

But Bodhi, his hand went over his mouth, then coughed before he answered. "Wow Teach... just, wow!" He grinned.

My mom had brought me a cheetah print, long sleeve, collared, button down blouse, oh, but that's not all. The front was ties into a knot, while the back hung down past my ass to my calves like a dress. The shirt was made even more spectacular with black, fo-leather pants, and to finish off this master piece... black strappy spiked hooker heels. I wasn't sure, but I think my mother was trying to pimp me out.

"I look like I belong in the mob mom." I sighed as she came over and looked over her work.

"I'll have you know this is high fashion in Italy." She acclaimed.

"In the red-light district maybe." I murmured under my breath, which made Bodhi chuckle.

I walked back into the kitchen, determined to make Bodhi's cookies, when my mom pulled out a batch from the oven... and they looked perfect. "You made the crinkle cookies?" I asked collapsing to the chair next to Bodhi.

"Of course I did. I saw that you started them, so I would finish them for you while you got ready." She smiled putting a plate in front of us. Bodhi then took one and had a bit to my mom's delight. "Well, how are they?" He asked.

I pulled a cookie from the plate, and it tasted of sheer chocolate bliss, and my shoulders dropped. "There really good." I admitted, but then she looked at Bodhi.

"Delicious." He answered to my mom's beaming face as he took another, but when she turned around and went back to her cooking... "But I would rather have one of your cookies you made for me any day of the week Teach. Do you think you could make me a batch some time?" He whispered.

Could this man be any more perfect!

"Any time you want... and they'll be even better." I promised.

"Looking forward to it." He winked.

My mom turned back around and I caught her frown as Bodhi and me leaned in to one another..."Gabby, don't you think you should go straighten up. You don't want your house looking messy when company arrives do you?" She asked.

"Sure mom, I'll get on it." I sighed, but then made sure she saw me give Bodhi a very nice kiss before going to get the vacuum... so much for me being impressive. But after cleaning my house in faux leather pants, and hooker heels, I felt like I've done some sort of weird 80′s workout with my thighs wrapped in cellophane.