Chapter 15

Fate strikes again....

My weekend with Bodhi before he left was amazing! But come Monday morning when I left for school and he left for the airport, well, that was rough, I won't lie. My school kids pretty much got a mopie teacher the next two weeks while Bodhi was gone. But at least my man called me every day and made our nights, most entertaining.

He was still pretty tight lipped on a lot of things that were going on in Phoenix, but he did tell me about rides he and Dusty went on, things they'd eaten, and some funny things that went on in the shop. Then he told me about adding a restaurant to their little shop, and maybe expanding it.

I listened and laughed but deep down wondered why a motorcycle shop would add a restaurant, and then my brain tried to imagine the shop in Biddeford with a burger joint attached to it... it would be cool, but I don't think people would really eat there.

But now it was Friday morning, and my man was coming home tomorrow afternoon. Yesterday after school I went shopping to pick up some sexy lingerie. Now, I don't expect the silky fabric to stay on all that long... but I think Bodhi is going to dig it anyways.

I pulled in to the school parking lot down right giddy knowing I had only one more day left until Bodhi comes home that I swear I caught myself humming to class. My kids where even going to get a movie today... booyah!

I put my stuff on my desk and was getting the morning curriculum ready, when my cell started to ring. I walked over to pick it up and was surprised to see it was Bodhi. "Hey motorcycle man, what's going on to have you calling me at five thirty in the morning your time?" I smiled.

"Morning Teach, how's it going?" He asked, which was kind of strange.

"Good, just getting ready for class. Why, what's up?"

"Nothing, well, a lot actually but I haven't even gone to bed yet." He chuckled.

I stopped what I was writing on the white board... "Are you drunk?"

"No, not drunk, but I have been drinking most of the night. I had some pretty long discussions with the guys, and well..." He started but seemed not to be able to spit it out.

"What guys... you mean Dusty?" I asked raising my voice, then trying to suck down all the frustration I was feeling at the moment.

Bodhi was quiet for a minute before he spoke again. "Don't be mad Teach. Remember I said that it was me and Dusty that owned the shop, so we had some long ass talks last night and..." He stopped.

"And what?" I pushed.

"I'm going to have to be gone for another week..."

"What?" I asked, clearly thinking this wasn't real. I mean, he's messing with me, right? "Why?" I asked waiting for the punch line of... I'm just kidding sweetheart!

"Or maybe two." He then said and I swear I could see him on the other line cringing and waiting for me to pellet him with a million questions... which I did have!

I bit my lip not wanting to say something I'll regret later. Then took a cleansing yoga breath, and answered. "Oh, so another week or two? Can you tell me what's going on, or do I have to wait for you to get back for that as well? " I asked, calmly.

"Well, there are some people I want to say goodbye to, I've decided to sell my house down here and so I need to get that in order. And there are a couple more things that I wanted to sell off before I come back home." He explained.

"What else are you selling?"

"Just a couple things..." Was all he offered.

"And going out drinking with these friends of yours..." I stated like a damn nagging wife, shit!