CHAPTER 5

"How can a person look so good?" I thought to myself as I stared at the handsome man I've been paired with. His piercing eyes seemed to hold no emotion, but they were bold and deep. His long nose was perfectly positioned on his face, and his lips were the definition of perfection, even though he had them pressed into a thin line. The beard on his chiseled jawline only added to his handsomeness, and his tailored suit hugged his well-built body, highlighting the curves of his muscles. He was tall, too, which only added to his attractiveness.

I was snapped out of my trance by Najma shouting at me. "Come on, Leenah, get moving," she said, nudging me slightly. My legs felt heavy, but I eventually managed to move.

I couldn't believe that I had been checking out another guy when I already had a boyfriend, Ameer. I felt embarrassed and guilty for letting my gaze wander, but I couldn't help it. The man was just too good-looking.

We were enjoying the dinner party and everything seemed to be going according to plan. Everyone appeared to be having a great time.

As I felt my phone buzzing, I grinned, thinking it was Ameer. I had called him several times throughout the day, but he hadn't answered. I checked my phone and saw that it was a text from an unknown number. As I stared at the number, my grin turned into a frown as I realized it wasn't Ameer's.

I opened the message and to my surprise it was a message attached with some photos to it.

"You can't give up huh? You are nothing but a statue to Ameer now, he has found Real happiness now"

The message reads And at the bottom was a picture of none other but Ameer and some girl probably the sender.
The first picture, she was on his lap and tugging him onto her while the second picture was of them kissing each other lustfully.

I was about to breakdown but something inside of me say this is just a photoshop Ameer will never do that. But that wasn't enough for me to feel better. I then started looking for Najma in the crowd so I can use her phone to-call him, She handed it to me without any question.

"Okay I need to call Ameer" I said to myself and went out of the hall.

Noor's POV
Imran and Asad were right, the dinner is lit except the the part where that weird girl kept checking me out, I wonder if I looked like a ghost.

I feel my phone buzzing for the 100th time "who the hec..." I shut it immediately my eyes landed on the phone screen and it is none other but Azra I pressed the answer button, excused myself from Imran headed out of the hall.  Whatever that chicken is going to say should better be serious.

"Hey chicken" I say immediately I was far from the noise.
"Hey bro" she said chuckling
"What's making you chuckle?" I ask rubbing my head.
"Come back with a good news, I need a sister and also If you see chick..." I cut her off immediately I realize what she was going to say.
"Don't complete that sentence, I won't do that. I have to go now. Bye!" I said and hung up completely ignoring her first statement.

She wants me to takeaway a chicken for her. That girl will be the end of me some day and a sister? Guess I should adopt one for her.

I started making my way back to the hall when I hear sobs and a faint voice i managed to hear that cause it was far from the hall. I headed to where the sobs was coming from and then I saw her, the girl that was checking me out earlier.
Her face all smudged up with make up due to crying I wonder what made her cry or rather, making her cry

A part of me wants to walk away and let her deal with it but the soft part of me told me to stay.
"Are you okay?" I ask without expecting an answer while I slowly studying her face.
"Please leave, I don't want to talk"  she says with a faint yet husky voice due to so much crying.

"It's fine if you don't want to share but you should atleast go inside, it's not safe out here" I say a bit concerned but she totally ignored me with her attention fully with the phone.

Was about to leave when I heard something crashes, I turned to look only to see that she threw out her phone.

"What was that?" I asked not that I care
"Please let me be" she said rudely
"whatsoever it is, deal with it" I say and started making my way back inside.

I went back inside and headed to where Imran is. We were served food and we ate quietly while watching the couple dancing their hearts out.

"Let's go dance Noor" Imran said to me

"Dancing wasn't part of my wedding gift" I said standing up.

"You can't be serious, let's go" said Imran

As I was about to turn, I bumped into someone
Hey, it's the girl that was with that weirdo earlier
"Can't you watch where you're going?" I snapped at her.
"Sorry, I can't find my friend anywhere and my phone is with her" she yell over the loud music that was playing.

Guess she's talking about the weirdo and did I even ask her?
"Whatever, just watch where you're going next time" I say and started walking away but she pulled me slightly.
"Can I Please have your phone and call her?" She asks with puppy eyes.
I handed it to her topping it with an eye rolling.

Why will I tell her where she is? The girl isn't a kid, she'll come back.

"She isn't answering the call and my phone with her but also off" she say handing me my phone back and just walked away.
That girl cant even say Thanks? Where is her home training?

Perhaps I should go look for that weird girl? Who knows what she might be doing out there in the dark?