CHAPTER 26

It's Friday again. I've tried as much as possible to avoid Noor, and I haven't seen Adil around. He's not picking up my calls or responding to my messages. I just hope everything is okay," I thought to myself.

Noor wants us to go out tomorrow, but I told him that I won't go unless Azra is present. I can't risk being alone with him. I tried phoning Adil one more time, but he still isn't responding. I walked to my assistant, Jasmine, to ask her about his whereabouts.

"Hey, Jasmine, have you seen Adil anywhere?" I asked her curiously.
"Erm... I've been wanting to tell you. It seems like he got fired or suspended. I didn't get the full story," she said.

What??? Fired? Suspended? What is going on with Noor? How can he do that? Is he bipolar or something? Yes, he definitely is. He wants his company to move forward, but all he does is get people fired or suspended?

"Okay, thank you," I said to her, and headed to Noor's office. I needed answers.

On my way to his office, his assistant came out of nowhere and slapped me.
What the heck?!

"What was that for? Are you mad?" I asked, holding my cheeks.
"Because of you, stupid bitch, I'm not getting my two months' salary," she spat rudely.
"Oh, wanted to know what I did before I raise my hands on you too," I said, and raised my hands, slapping her harder on her cheeks.

"Know your place, slut!" I spat.

She raised her hands, about to hit me again, when a voice stopped her.
"Don't you dare!" the voice said sharply.

I looked up to see Noor standing, glaring at her.

"How dare you? Were you going to slap her? You know what? I'm fed up with your bullshit. YOU ARE FIRED!" He shouted on top of his lungs

She started crying unstoppably, she knelt down on her knees and started pleading

He dragged me with him roughly.
"Let me go sir. You can't just drag me like that" I yell but all in vein.
He ignored me and dragged me to his office.

What is wrong with you, Noor? You can't just go around firing people like that. And dragging me around like this, it's not okay. I have my own personal space and boundaries," I said, trying to pull away from him.

"Lee, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to drag you like this. And as for firing my assistant, she deserved it. She was disrespectful and rude to you, and I won't tolerate that in my company," he said, letting go of me.

"That may be true, but you have to find a better way to handle situations like this. And you can't just fire people without proper investigation or warning. That's not fair," I said, trying to calm myself down.

"I know, Lee. I'll make sure to handle things better in the future. Can we just forget about this and move on?" he asked, looking at me pleadingly.

"Fine. But I still don't think it's a good idea for us to go out tomorrow. I'm not ready to be alone with you yet," I said, crossing my arms.

"I understand. How about we invite Azra and some other friends to join us? Would that make you feel more comfortable?" he asked, trying to compromise.

"Yeah, that would be better. I'll think about it," I said, not committing to anything yet.

"Okay, thank you. I'll make sure to invite Azra and some other friends. I'll also make sure to handle things better in the future. I don't want to lose you, Lee," he said, looking at me sincerely.

"I appreciate that, Noor. But you have a lot of work to do to regain my trust and make things right," I said, looking at him sternly.

"What happened to Adil? Where is he? What did he do?" I asked offhandedly
"What? That guy? I got him suspended ok? Don't ask me any other thing!" He commanded