CHAPTER 21

It's been 2weeks since I started working at MNO company. I still haven't met my boss yet, he just passes messages to Jasmine to deliver to me. Some part of me is happy that I don't have to meet such a rude man as most of the employees signifies him and at a point I just want to know what he is like or looks like.

Dad is back from his business trip and the house is no longer boring. Atleast we stayed up at night and chat a bit before everyone crashes. I wish Meelah is here cause I kinda miss her. But not as much as I miss Aleeya. Aleeya has traveled to SEYCHELLES With her husband.Honeymoon huh?! They're the cutest couple, she keeps blessing my phone with their pictures doing some weird stuffs.

I still haven't heard from Noor. I stopped contacting him but I just hope all is well. I really want to know what is really up with him. He shouldn't go off just like that without having said a word! Maybe I gave him a terrible time back at our outing. Whatever! I shouldn't be thinking about him this hard.

I grabbed my phone and dialed Najma's number. It's been long since I heard from her also. Why is she distant all of a sudden?

"Hey Bestfriend, What's up" she said excitedly

"Ohh! I'm still your beat friend? Thought we ain't that anymore" I say sounding pissed

"C'mon, it's nothing like that! Was just kinda occupied. You know...!" She said calmly

"Uhh-huh? Are you sure? What's keeping you occupied?" I asked her curiously

"Uhmm... just some things. We'll talk later ok? Bye!" She said and hung up.

That girl can be so weird. What's with her? Has she been possessed or something? Everyone is acting weird.

I looked up at the clock and see that it's 9pm. I should watch something a little and sleep.

Few minutes into the series my phone kept buzzing. I wanted ignoring it but decided to pick it up. It's Adil

"Salam" I say softly immediately I picked up the call

"Wslm Leenah, how're you" he asked

"I'm good you?" I asked

"Same here, you ready for tomorrow?" He ask

"Ohhh Monday! Why do you have to remind me Adil?" I say pouting

"C'mon! Was just a question and I want to have you set up your alarm you know..." he said chuckling

"Ohh yeah right!" We went on like that talking on the phone completely forgetting about the series I was watching.

I kind of get along with Adil and we frequently talk and mostly go for lunch together.

"I have to go now Adil. This is 11pm" I say rubbing my eyes

"Yeah, We have been talking for quiet a long time. You should sleep. Goodnight" he said

"Goodnight. Bye" I say offhandedly and hung up.

I crashed into my bed immediately and dozed off.
.
.
.

The annoying sound of my alarm woke me up from my beautiful slumber.
I turned it off, stood up and did my morning routines.
Here I am standing not knowing what to wear again. Why can't I just sew a uniform?
I pulled out a maroon abaya wore it. I applied some make up grabbed a matching shoe and bag before dashing out.

Pretty sure that Mum and Dad are still sleeping. So I went into the kitchen and grabbed some apples and a Kentucky friend Chicken that Binta made before leaving.
———————-

I arrived at the office and was greeted by Jasmine immediately I reached the floor.

"Hi Leenah, Happy Monday" she said sarcastically