CHAPTER 19

We've been driving for about 30 minutes, and I've finished all the ice cream we had. Not just me, but Noor too. As usual, I was the only one talking. But don't think I left him just sitting there like a tree beside me. No, I made him tell me about all sorts of things. It's funny, but that's how I am.

"We aren't leaving the state, are we?" I finally asked after driving for a while without reaching our destination.

"You can't expect me to remember the route to your house," Noor replied, leaving me shocked.

"What? You never mentioned that you were dumb! How was I supposed to know we were going home? Wait... are you going to kidnap me?" I asked, acting surprised.

"Something like that," he said, giving me the hottest wink I'd ever seen.

"Here we are!" Noor declared as we pulled into a parking lot.

I looked around and saw that we had arrived at a cinema. My eyes widened as it was the same cinema I'd been wanting to come to but never had the chance.

"A movie? Wow, how romantic," I said, trying to provoke him.

"We're not on a date, nor am I being romantic, Lee," Noor said sharply.

"You're so sweet, Noor," I said, lightly pulling on his cheeks.

He grabbed hold of my hand. "Be normal for once, Lee," he said in a husky voice that made the butterflies in my stomach go wild.

I ignored him and we got our tickets and some popcorn. You know, we grabbed one big bag of popcorn, not one each.

We found our seats and waited for the movie to start. The title of the movie was "Bad Boys for Life," and I was so excited to watch it.

I kept munching on my popcorn while watching. 30 minutes into the movie, I was starting to enjoy it. I'd been wanting to watch it, but never found the time, since I was always watching "Elite."

I reached out to grab some popcorn when my hand brushed against his. He held onto it, not letting go. I looked up to meet his gaze, and he stared at me for about a minute. I was about to remove my hand from his when he held on tighter, still fixing his eyes on mine.

"What are you doing, Noor?" I whispered, trying to remove my hand from his grasp, but he wouldn't budge.

"Feeling you," he said with a wink.

I ignored his response and continued struggling to remove my hand from his. He abruptly let go of my hand, not looking at me. I let him have the popcorn and continued watching the movie.

.
.

The movie ended, but I didn't give it much attention because I kept thinking about random things, and mostly about what had happened between me and Noor.
We stepped out of the cinema without anyone saying a word. I decided to break the ice and talk.

"What's up with you, Noor?" I asked.

"Nothing," he answered bluntly.

"Did you enjoy the movie? I did. You know, I've been wanting to watch it for God knows how long, and I finally got to watch it in a cinema. You have no..." I started talking, but then he cut me off.

"Please, Leenah. My head hurts. Can you try to be quiet?" he said, not looking at me.

I wondered what was wrong with him. One minute he was fine, and the next he was a total jerk. We walked silently to the car and drove off.

"Where are we going now?" I asked after about 18 minutes.

"Getting ice cream for my sister," he said, focusing on the road.

"Oh, okay," I muttered before he shut me down again.

We arrived at the ice cream spot, and I didn't get out of the car. Instead, he went in and took care of everything. The entire ride was quiet. No one said anything.

"Okay, this is getting boring. Why aren't you speaking ?

Why aren't you speaking? What happened? You good?" I ask
"I told you my head hurts! Just shut the fuck up" he say hitting the steering wheel

What the heck?? What's with all the attitude? Why is he talking to me that way when he's the one that asks me out?  Is he bipolar or something?
I didn't say a word again till we arrived at my house
"Thanks for the treat Noor! I really enjoyed it and yes, I owe you. My regards to your sis. Take care" I say making my way out but he grabbed my dress.  What the heck?
I turned to look at him when he handed me the chicken pack and kiss my hand

"Bye!" He says faintly
"Thank you" I say almost like a whisper and left!
He need to learn how to act with me, no grabbing my dress and no kissing my hands without my permission.
He is fun from the inside but he is not fully expressing that part of him. He chooses to be cold and all? Why is he like that?
Was super shocked when he laughed while we were in the Italian restaurant earlier.  Wow! Wow!! Wow!!!

"Salam" I say loudly immediately I stepped my foot into the house. I have hot so much energy in me and I have no idea where it is coming from.

Binta responded and I greeted her and handed the chicken over to her to keep it in the kitchen.
I headed to mum's room...
"Salam mum, I'm back" i say sweetly smiling at her
"Wslm, where have you been? You've stayed long" she asks worriedly
"Mum actually, I've been wanting to tell you about my new friend Noor" I say calmly

I just want her to know about him just for the sake of.... I don't even know! Atleast She should know who i am hanging around with.
I narrated the whole things to her. How i met him and all.   Of course I skipped some parts  it's not every single thing that I must tell her.