CHAPTER 24

It was clear to me that Noor had crossed a boundary by touching me without my consent. I felt uncomfortable and violated by his actions, and I let him know that by slapping him across the face. He responded by trapping me against the wall and trying to kiss me, but I was able to regain my senses and defend myself by kicking him in the crotch. I made it clear that I did not want him to come near me, touch me, or talk to me again, and I left his office in tears, feeling regretful for having gone there in the first place. When I ran into Adil in the elevator, I tried to downplay the situation and told him it was my fault, but he was concerned and asked if I was okay. I didn't have my phone with me and had to leave without being able to call him when I got home, but I assured him I would see him the next day.

When I arrived home, I greeted my parents and told them that I had been working late. My mother suggested that I go rest, pray, and come down for dinner. After taking a shower and praying, I sat in my room and tried to process everything that had happened at the office. I couldn't stop thinking about Noor's inappropriate behavior towards me and I cried until my head hurt. At dinner, my father brought up the fact that I was 21 years old and would soon be 22, and mentioned that it was time for me to consider finding someone to marry. I lost my appetite and played with my food, thinking about Noor and his actions. My mother noticed that something was off and asked if I was okay, but I lied and said that I was just tired and had eaten before leaving the office. After dinner, I took some medicine and went to bed, hoping to get some rest despite the pounding headache that I had.

—————————————

Noor's POV

"I don't know what's gotten into me. I know my faith is wavering, but that doesn't justify my actions. I was feeling dizzy and reached out to grab my coffee cup on my desk. Without realizing it, I knocked the cup over. That's when I realized: coffee? My assistant?

I picked up the office phone and called her into my office.

"I need you in my office right now," I ordered.

She came in, smiling at me. If only she knew how much she disgusts me!

"What did you put in my coffee?" I asked, feeling uneasy.

She looked terrified. "What... I... didn't..." she stuttered.

"Don't lie to me," I shouted.

"I'm sorry, sir. I didn't mean to," she said, getting down on her knees and crying.

"Get out of my office right now before I fire you," I shouted.

She quickly left, almost stumbling as she went.

How dare she put something in my coffee? I don't even know why I didn't fire her on the spot. But I will, definitely will.

She must never do something like this again."

And Leenah, ohhh shit.
What must she be thinking right now? She even threatened to quit the job.

Oh no! I have to call her.

I kept dialing her number but she isn't picking up. Ohh God! What have I done?

I tried dialing the number again when I get into the car and I heard something buzzing

"What was that?" I asked the driver and the guard sitting at the front!

"It's a phone" answered the guard

"Give it to me" I ordered

They handed me the phone and I dialed Leenah's number again and saw the phone buzzing in my hand.

Ohh shit! She left her phone in my car.

I kept the phone with me and headed home.

:
I did and saw that there were more stains on just 2 and 6. It's a 4digits password. So i tried 2266, 2626, 6262, 6622 and then it opened. The stains were from the ice cream she took I think. But is she 6? That she stained her hand? Whatever it is, it helped! Due to the stains on her fingers it prevented the prints from working I guess.

I went through her gallery and saw so many pictures of her. Some revealing her curves, l turned on my Airdrop ASAP and sent so many pictures of her to my phone. I feel it isn't right but I just don't care that much.

A journal app caught my eyes and I decided to go through it, but then it has a password. I tried 6622 but it didn't work. I quickly went towards my computer and searched the office files, the once that contains every detail of the staff. And I saw her birth date. 07/07/1998.
What a special date. I thought.

I tried 0707 and miraculously, it worked. I shouldn't be doing this but I don't just give a fuck right now.

I saw so many stuffs she put in there and "Desires"caught my eye most.

It's just so funny what her desires are. "Eat without getting fat?" Seriously?

I saw the places she wants to go: Santorini, Italy, Cyprus, Hawaii.
Interesting

"Noor" I clicked on it and saw it;

"I really am interested in knowing what is up with Noor. I want to know why he is acting on and off. Why his imaan isn't strengthened and why he doesn't believe inlove. Our outing was a great one. I don't know what I feel whenever I am with him but I don't even want to know what it is.
He really is a nice guy when you get to know him... not the jerk that he looks like"

Ohh so I do look like a jerk? And why is she so much interested in me? I pushed the thoughts away and kept looking through the journal.

A message popped up from Adil. And of course i opened it.

"Hi Leenah, You good? What happened back at the office? that asshole boss did something?
Please respond to my text! And why didn't you return my calls? I am getting worried"

I read and smirk. Asshole? Me? Wow. What's between those two?? I really have to find out.

I instantly lost interest in searching through her phone. So I kept it and slept.