*Five*

"I ain't looking for perfect
Just someone who'll be there when I get home. I ain't looking for perfect just a mixture, of a shoulder and a hand that I can hold tonight."-Hannah Kowlessur

Chapter five. Just one song.

Hannah Jensen

.......

Today I decided to make a drastic decision and drive myself to school. Because firstly, I did not want to ride with my father's protégé Jake and secondly Hailey was suddenly sick with something and I am running late and it's also Friday so I had to take it.

Clad in black ripped jeans and a red jersey as I rode to school. My car's a black AudiR8 V10 Plus and it was my seventeenth birthday present. That weekend I was with my dad in New York and he surprised me with this baby.

I arrived to class five minutes late. I would have been in trouble but thankfully I had art so Mr. Harris let it pass, this time.

Today we would be working on the All Stars Competition. The only competition I have dreaded for the past two years. It's a singing competition and the winner's prize changes every year and apparently gets better.

Two years ago, the prize was to choose a country in the given list to travel to. You probably already guessed why I despise it.

The first time I entered and won in the duet category was two years ago and I was singing with Jake. He practically blackmailed me to sing with him. I can't deny that I liked it but it has now reached my black list.

"Hey have you heard about the All Stars Competition?" Jake asked randomly while throwing a pillow in the air and catching it then repeating the process.

I gave him a look saying 'who hasn't' then I stared confused and he shrugged. "I thought about entering."

I sat upright instantly and looked at him with my face glowing while grinning.

"You should totally join and you are definitely have a chance at winning." He chuckled then turned solemn again.

"Carrots?"

I hummed in response and he continued. He tugged on his hair then sighed, I could tell he was slightly nervous. "I was wondering if..."

"If...?" I motioned for him to continue and he did quickly that I almost didn't comprehend but unfortunately I did.

I stared at him wide eyed and repeated with a shaky voice. "Y-You want me, to sing with you, in the All Stars Competition?"

"Yes?" He answered hesitantly which sounded more like a question. I stood up from the bed abruptly and I almost fell. I shook my head hastily at him making me dizzy and he gave me puppy dog eyes. Oh god.

"Please you're my best friend and the only one I want to do this with, can you at least think about it, please carrots?" In other circumstances I would've laughed because for as long as I've known Jake, he never pleads. But I'm not in a laughing mood right now.