*Twenty six*

"Could a heart ever love two at a time or is that our way of convincing ourselves that we want the other more."-jasmine

Twenty six. Critical moments.

After Dawson opened up his heart to me a tear eventually rolled down his cheek and I pulled him in my arms. He was now insecure and terrified of loving another, but now that the girl whom was responsible for his broken heart had returned he was left with questions.
I felt for him but I could never relate. Or maybe I could but in a different era.

I stood against my locker lost in my thoughts. My best friend had recently woken up from her coma but she was still weak and was also now doing chemotherapy. I was ecstatic when I went to visit her but unfortunately it was cut short because Jace and Jake were on their way.

I had no reason to avoid Jace but being around him means I would eventually give in to his questioning gaze that ogled at me as if he knew something I didn't, that it was only a matter of time before I would be back in his arms.

My life has become a roller coaster. A friend that's in love with a girl he wished he never loved at all another that is battling cancer and lastly myself. It pained me to arrive home every afternoon and my top priority would be to avoid his gaze.

It pained me because I miss him and it hurts. Once I could no longer force myself to look away and look at him he never made an effort to look my way. But I could not complain. It was what I always wanted.

He made it clear he was done as did I. The pain I felt after I saw that video would always be unexplainable. I felt as if my heart was ready to give up, it felt heavy. I felt completely lost and broken.

He may had never loved me for all I know, but he succeeded on making me love him and I would forever be in this state.

Completely broken and empty, a hole left in my heart that no one could ever refill. He succeeded on breaking me.

I once craved closure from my past so I could finally move on but how do you move on from this? How do you move on from someone that made you believe you could do anything, be anything. Someone that loved you more than anything and knew you better than you knew yourself.

My knees was suddenly weak and I slid on my locker and sat on the floor my back against it. I no longer cared if the people that walked by thought I was insane. But I was physically in pain to even move.

"Hey...” I followed the voice and found a small girl with radiant green eyes and her fiery hair pulled up in a tight pony tail. She had a timid and inviting smile on her face, which was quite familiar. She offered me her hand and I reluctantly took it.

"Everything's going to be okay." She smiled reassuringly and I only stared at her blankly. She was strange. No one I had ever met sees a stranger completely distressed and helps them up then tells them everything would be fine.

"I was once told that those simple words could make someone feel a little bit of confidence. I'm Aniella, but everyone calls me Ella."

She offered her palm for a hand shake and I took it then shook it with ease. I guess she was right. Jake had become my past and there was nothing I could do about it expect move on. It was amazing and thrilling while it lasted but he and I are not meant to be.

I had the sudden feeling to cry but I held it back. I had to stop.

"Nice to meet you Ella, I'm Hannah." She suddenly squealed and stared at me in awe. I jumped back slightly and she quickly apologized.

"I'm sorry, but your accent is like... wow, are you british?" She beamed and I nodded warily and prepared myself for another fan girl moment. She reminds me so much of Hailey when she was young.