*Twenty two*

"My hands are tied, I am your prisoner.
Tell me, what shall I do to please my master?"-Jasmine

**MATURE SCENE **

Chapter twenty two. Blazing fire

We had been driving for over an hour and a half. I was dying of curiosity but also realised Jake did not have and exact destination. The point of this drive through was to make me feel again.

The atmosphere was finally calm and comfortable. The connection we had that I thought was lost because of me was always there and I finally felt it after days in depression.

I doubt that anyone could change my mind about me blaming myself for Hailey's condition. I am aware that her cancer is not my fault. But if I wasn't imprisoned in a state of stress and procrastination she could have confined in me and I would have been there for her, all the way.

I knew what was happening to her was inevitable but I just wished she would have told me. Even screamed my name a thousand mile away I would have found a way to reach her. I never had much optimism but the small percentage I had left was rapidly faltering.

"Hey, don't stay quiet over there, talk to me. You alright?" Jake's voice broke through my reverie and I finally faced him. I sent him a warm and convincing smile which he reluctantly bought.

"I don't know how I feel really, it's all just buddle up emotions. What I'm sure of is I want her to know how sorry I am." I released, my voice slightly breaking.

"Hannah there is absolutely no need for you to apologise, she already knows you care and also remember it was her choice so there is no reason for you to feel remorse love alright?"

I took in his every word. But it was easier said than done. Maybe all I needed was assurance from her lips only but once that thought invaded my mind I felt a lump in my throat once I realised she might not ever wake up.

Tears began to fall from my eyes and I tried my utmost best to hide it but Jake noticed. It appeared we had already reached our supposed destination but I didn't pay much attention to my surroundings except curled up in a ball in the seat.

"What if she never wakes up?" I choked out. Warm familiar and protective hands wrapped around my frame and my head was placed on muscular chest. I inhaled his familiar scent and sobbed in his arms. Not once did he complain about me being too sensitive nor did he complain about ruining his shirt for the second time.

"It’s alright love let it out, I'm here. We cannot let ourselves think like that, all we can do is be strong for her, smile for her." He whispered in my ear then placed tender kiss on temple.

We sat for quite a while until I finally sobered up and sent him a small smile to assure him I was alright and he returned it then pecked my lips. I quickly exited the car then he followed. I took in my surrounding and realised that I now stood in front of an apartment complex approximately ten storey.

"Here we are." He beamed quite excited and I only gaped confused.

"Umm I'm not sure were here is, Jake...all I see is a really prestigious apartment complex."

He chuckled then took my hand in his and pulled me forward. We now sauntered inside the spacious cosmopolitan building with exquisite interior and architectural designs and finally, he explained.