*Ten*

"Whatever our souls are made of, his and mine are the same."- Wuthering Heights

Chapter ten. Chaste kiss

Hannah Jensen

As soon as I reached the compound of Boston high school I went straight to the court avoiding everyone's gaze. When I showered earlier I thanked god I never got off the birth control.

My mom put me on it when she caught me straddling Jake in my room and our faces centimetres apart. We weren't even dating then.

When I reached the locker room I quickly changed to my gym clothes and jogged to the court. The players were doing laps around the court but I didn't bother joining considering I already did my warm ups an hour ago, among other things.

Anyway, I took a seat on the bottom of the bleachers and then pulled on my shoes and got a ball from the rack.

Thirty minutes later I was still playing, maneuvering around all the players that came towards me and scoring. I don't know where the energy came from but I was heated.

My legs and arms were burning begging for me to stop but I was too determined. I kept on playing, my breath ragged and throat burning. Jake got here not more than a few minutes ago and he had been monitoring us, but I didn't pay much attention to him and avoided his gaze.

I dribbled my ball on my side then jumped with the net and scored. Finally agreeing with my body, I fell to the ground and hit my back, all my energy drained from me. I groaned from the pain but didn't bother moving.

I closed my eyes and took short breath to get back on track. When I reopened them Damon and Hailey were looking down at me with concerned look on their faces.

"Hey you alright I thought you fainted or something." Hailey asked as she pulled me up then placed her palm on my forehead.

She may had been checking my temperature but her palms were unusually cold and it was weird because she was training. Now I was suspicious.

"Yeah I'm good just worn out I guess." I replied rubbing my arm.

She examined me for a moment then nodded. "Ok go sit down for a while."

"I'll come with." Damon said then copied my pace. I don't know why but I feel kind of guilty. He's actually a really nice guy.
When I reached the bench I sat down and took off my shoe.

"Please don't ever do that again." I looked over at him and his face was scrunched up as he covered his nose. I simply rolled my eyes then chuckled, "Please you're used to it, yours probably worse." I dead panned.

He was about to protest but I gave him a look. "Yeah yeah you're probably right."
I laughed at his reaction and smiled the thanked him after he handed me a bottle of water then he returned to the court.

"You alright?" I looked on my left and saw Jake bent down beside me. I had no idea how long he was there but I almost flew of the bench when he spoke.

I was about to laugh sarcastically at him when I saw coach sitting next to me with a worried expression on his face as well.

"Yeah I'm good."

"Kid I don't know where all of that comes from but I sure do hope you bring it to the game next week." Coach said as he chuckled.