*Fourteen*

"They're like fire and rain and they drive each other insane but they couldn't fight their feelings any longer because you don't choose who you fall in love with." -Jasmine

Chapter fourteen. Hailey and Jason?

.....

After Jake left I was still in my confused and angered state as I walked back inside. I could not believe he thought it was only for physical needs for me. Plus the part where he assumed I would suddenly sleep with him, a house with my family present. That's absurd!

You weren't exactly against the idea were you?

I groaned at the thought and quickly went inside. When I entered, only my mother was present also Hailey and the twins.

Seemed like my father had went out with Jake.

I found that hard to comprehend because Jake stomped out of here with no intention of waiting for anyone. Hayley and I helped my mother with dinner then quickly changed in our training closes and met up with the team on the court which was only a five minutes' walk.

Saying that coach was hard on us would be an understatement. He acted as if we would be the ones playing in the Play offs.

Wonder how dad trains Boston Riders. We trained for almost three hours and fixed our mistakes then Hailey and I trudged back to the villa with our whole body sore.

I hope we can wake up tomorrow for the game. We both took a shower after letting ourselves cool down then we sat and played cards.

Halfway through it and I was the victor I heard two manly voice sang from the front door and I stared at my mother in confusion who was clearly amused. Troy and Trey were alert as well when they heard it and came downstairs.

Minutes later, my father and Jake prowled inside the living room as they sang 'heaven' on the top of their lungs.

"Oh thinkin' about all our younger years
There was only you and me
We were young and wild and free
Now nothin' can take you away from me
We've been down that road before
But that's over now
You keep me comin' back for more"

I laughed at them but I was in awe as Jake stood and stared at me intently and he sang. My face turned crimson when he sang the chorus again but this time it was only him and everyone was present and knew he was singing for me.

"Baby, you're all that I want
When you're lyin' here in my arms
I'm findin' it hard to believe we're in heaven
And love is all that I need
And I found it there in your heart
It isn't too hard to see
We're in heaven"

I covered my face with palms and released a loud groan. He's drunk of his ass and my family is not going to let him live this one out.

"Hannah Estella Jensen I love you so much love, more than you know." He slurred in a drunken voice then gave me a wide grin.

Butterflies erupted in my belly but I remained still and cursed him in my head. Hailey and my mother giggled with their palms on their mouths and my dad stood there oblivious to the fact that his best player aka his protégé had confessed his love to me or so it seemed.