Unexpected Surprise

"Ximena! Ximena!" Bella called behind the latina as she speed walked through the people. Bella was the last person Ximena wanted to see at the moment. She had done enough for her to crawl back like she idiot she once was. She had felt bad when Jacob called her out of the blue to tell her Bella had basically attempted suicide over her absent boyfriend when she thought she had gotten better. She pushed her emotions over Bella's wounding words and was there ready to help her as she could. Then she gets repaid by being dragged off to Italy and had to face possible immediate danger. Sure it ended up being her mate, but what if it had been any other vampire. What if she wasn't given that option to leave Volterra alive? What if the vampires she had been corralled into meeting had killed her or changed her? Leaving her family to mourn her disappearance.

"What?!" Ximena said as she suddenly turned around and Bella almost slammed into her at her abrupt halt. Edward trailed behind her like the idiot he always was. With that thought he looked at her angrily at her thoughts. She then began imagining Caius in his nude form and his face immediately turned sour and she smirked. That's what you get, creep.

"Caius called Carlisle. He told him that he would be coming to Forks shortly. Did you know about this?" Edward asked in an accusing tone taking over for Bella because it didn't take a mind-reader to realize she was still upset at Bella. He had no idea since she had been the one to verbally attack his girlfriend. But he asked her because he didn't want her screaming at his girlfriend in the halls again.

"Yes I did. Is that all?" She asked in a clipped tone. She was done with their bullshit. She didn't need the Cullens in her life and she had made it her mission to stay away from them.

"No, I need to talk to you. Edward told me what he saw in Aro's mind and-" Bella began but Ximena whipped back in the direction she was going in the first place leaving her with her sad ass apology in her mouth. She had never been more pissed. It was one thing for Aro to look through her mind, but at least he had the decency to keep it to himself. Caius had confirmed this but admitting that Aro had told him it wasn't his place to tell anyone about her past and she would tell him when she was ready. Aro's power was already extremely invasive and it would be a violation of privacy for him to spew it all out to everyone.

"She'll come around. She needs to anyways because she'll be meeting Caius at our house." He said as he watched her figure retreat into the sea of students. He held a certain amount of anger towards Ximena because of her words at Bella when she basically told her Renee had gotten tired of Bella and preferred her boyfriend over Bella. Bella had said she was simply talking to Ximena about Jacob's sudden disappearance and she had snapped and yelled at her. And because Edward didn't have the ability to read her mind, he went off on the words of his girlfriend.

"She needs us." Bella said with a certain level of smug. Ximena wasn't as amazing as she thought she was. She still felt partly bad for her words weeks ago but most of the feeling vanished when she found out she had one third of the vampire royalty in the palm of her hands. She could manage the Volturi as she saw fit, which would be a bad thing for them. She didn't need Ximena meddling in her life.

~~~

"Hello," A woman with medium length hair said as she opened the door to the Cullen residence. She was older, around her forties like Dr. Cullen. She had a kind smile laced with some pity as she looked a the mate of one of the most powerful vampires in the world. Caius was yet to arrive but he would be there shortly. But they had already arranged a spare room for him within their spacious home.

"Hi, is Caius here yet?" Ximena asked not really wanting to walk into their house. She had unblocked Caius' number but he was yet to contact her in anyway.