Comfortable

"So are you staying over?" Ximena asked as they walked hand in hand out if the woods. She figured she needed to show her face to her parents a few hours after they talked and talked so they would know she was alive. She had told them she had gone to her friends house to watch movies and hang out. Meanwhile, she was actually having a great conversation with a vampire king she was destined to rule along with. No biggie.

"Well I asked Carlisle for a room because I didn't want to make you uncomfortable by making you feel like you needed to have me over." Caius expressed as he didn't want to impose his presence on her, he didn't want to make her feel more trapped than she already felt.

"Well I want you over." She said not wanting for it to come out sexually suggestive she was in no way shape or form ready to be with him in that way. And she didn't want him to have the wrong idea.

"Okay," he said smiling as he was happy she was getting more comfortable with him.

"Let's go then." She said smiling back. She told him that she wasn't ready for him to meet her parents because they were overprotective of her. So he opted to climbing through her window once she was in the safety of her own room. She walked in greeted her parents, had dinner with them and she walked to her room saying she was tired. She walked into her room saw Caius walking around inspecting all the photographs on her wall. A lot of them were of her and her family but they also involved one of her and the guards. He was actually surprised at how casual they all seemed in the pictures. One of them was of Alec with some sort of red substance on his face smiling at the camera with his arm around Ximena's shoulder with the same red liquid around her lips.

"Is that-" Caius questioned as he took the picture off the wall and was trying to ask if she had blood on her face.

"Jelly from a donut, yes it is." She said smiling at it. She bet Alec he couldn't suck out all the jelly from a donut much like they sucked the blood out of humans. (If you know, you know) And he took the bet and did it, the only thing was that he later threw the food up a few minutes later because vampires can't ingest human food.

"Jelly?" He asked confused. She then explained what jelly was and told him about the bet that Alec took. Caius was thoroughly surprised because he never really talked casually with any of the other guards. His world only revolved around his twin and the Masters' orders. It was odd to see him involved with anything else.

"I'm glad you seem to be enjoying yourself and your not uncomfortable like before." Caius said and he truly was. The last thing he needed was for her to uncomfortable in her own home.

"I am, they're my friends." Ximena said smiling. "I'm going to take a quick shower, make yourself comfortable." She said as she grabbed some clothes. He would be spending the night so she purposefully grabbed a pair of sweats, a long sleeved pyjama shirt, a bra, and a pair of semi-modest underwear. The last thing she needed was him getting the wrong idea and expecting something from her when she wasn't ready. So she wouldn't put herself in that situation. She didn't want to be the reason why he would feel the need to force her into anything. She knew how horrible he would feel afterwards, and she didn't want that. She wanted him to have a great time here. Her shower was relatively short as she tried to get back as soon as possible but made sure she was entirely shaved and was squeaky clean.

He indeed had made himself comfortable as he was reading her copy of a book she had randomly found in the bookstore and found it intriguing. It was the book Death, Dickinson, and the Demented Life of Frenchie Garcia.

"She falls in love with a boy in one day?" He asked curiously as he was trying to piece everything together.

"Well kind of. She liked him since the beginning and then she fell in love with him when they hung out that one night. She was the last person to see him alive before he committed suicide." Ximena said as she threw her clothes in her hamper and made her way over to him. The book was quite depressing and emotional, she would proudly admit she cried three times during the book.