Kidnapped

The days began to drag on more and more after Caius had to leave, and yes she cried like a baby, but she knew it was coming. He probably found it harder than she did because he could feel the effects even stronger because he was supernatural but Aro had assured him he would do his best to keep him with a busy mind to avoid him deteriorating with her absence. As for Ximena, the aching began like when she first left Volterra after she had found out she was mated to an ancient vampire and had to bring with her a bunch of human-blood drinking guards.

Time flies yet dragged ever so slowly. That's what is so fascinating about time. The fact that when we want it to be a plethora of it, it seems to be ridiculously short. And when we wanted it to go by quickly, it seemed like the Earth purposely turned around even slower to taunt us.

Now she was having the effects of the slow time ticking because she was tired of everything that was going on. She had the best time with Caius, an amazing time, and yet reality slapped her in the face.

The University of Washington had accepted her application so did the majority of the other colleges she had applied for, including her dream school of UC San Diego. But then there was also Fresno State that accepted her and she was ecstatic because of their forensic chemistry department she had been fascinated by and that was why she applied last minute.

And she had received these acceptance letters with a grin and a scream of glee until it dawned on her about Caius. She had absolutely had forgotten about him. She wanted to go to college, it was her motivation to be going through grueling AP classes the past few years. And now was the time to take grab the world by the ovaries. Only she couldn't just leave like she had planned to. She had to talk to Caius about it. She had a general idea of how it would be going, him not wanting her to go because he had been waiting for her long enough, but she would argue that they could wait a little longer.

Time was a funny thing, she hoped and prayed her acceptance letters would come in, and now she wanted to pump the breaks on her deadline on when to decide where to go and if to even go. It was driving her mad. And now she was between a rock and a hard place like she had been before. Should she go along with this blonde vampire promising her the world on a silver platter or go along living her normal human life like before?

Ximena hated time. She hated it even more when her phone's alarm struck 6 in the morning as well because it meant she had to go through school and repeat the process 5 more times until the weekend came then she had extra time to think about how much she missed Caius. Life was great. Only it was about to get even better. (Note the sarcasm).

~~~

"Ximena, there is something we need to discuss with you." Adam said as he was perched on her bedroom window watching her glide through her calculus homework after they had a vast amount of tutoring between them. There was an unusual shakiness in his voice letting her know it was a serious matter and not just a something dumb.

"Yeah, what's up? Something wrong?" She asked wanting to know what was happening. It was definitely concerning her usually happy go-lucky guard had a serious face on him.

"There have been a large amount of seemingly random disappearances in Seattle which is not that far from here. And the Cullens told us there happens to be a nomad passing through, which would be fine. But they seem to be lingering. We're not going to tell Caius because we don't want to worry him because he'll have you on the first plane back to Volterra as soon as possible. But we just wanted you to know what was going on." Adam said looking for her frightened reaction and ready to comfort her and assure her she would be okay.

"Okay, sounds good." Ximena said nonchalant and turned to return to her homework.

"That's it, your not going to freak out?" Adam asked concerned for her mental health. She just found out there is a possible threat to her safety and it is not concerning for her.