1

10 years later...

Shawn POV

"Babe, can you please pull up the zipper on my dress," Gwen said standing in front of me with her back facing me. I got closer to her and my hands started caressing her back and I started kissing her neck. "Stop it Shawn or else we're gonna be late for Trey's party," she giggled.

"Trey can wait," I mumbled with my face in the crook of her neck.

I heard her sigh. "I said stop. You deaf or something?" She sternly said. "Just zip up my dress."

I removed my face from the crook of her neck and zipped up her dress. Gwen's so moody at times. One second we're all lovey dovey the next she's all feisty for a nigga. With that being said, I still do love her.

"Thank you baby," she said turning and she pecked my lips. She then wrapped her arms around my neck. "Sorry baby I snapped. Its just I don't wanna be late for my future brother-in-law's birthday party."

I arched my eyebrow. "You trying to tell me that Staci and Trey are back together?" I asked and she nodded.

In my opinion, Staci and Trey have an odd relationship which has the potential of being toxic. One minute they love each other and the next they be screaming at each others faces like they are mentally deranged. The only good thing that came out of their relationship is my three year old nephew, Owen.

"Which car should we ride?" Gwen snapped me out of my thoughts.

I cleared my throat. "You pick baby. I'm good with whatever you pick baby," I said and I pecked her lips and she deepened the kiss.

She broke the kiss and smiled. "Imma pick the Mercedes," she removed her arms and walked out of our bedroom and I trailed behind her.

"Shit," I said as we walked out of our house.

"What's wrong babe?" Gwen said holding my hand.

I face palmed myself. "I forgot Trey's birthday present back in my office," I said.

Her face became all perturbed. "Damn, go get it then. This is one of your boys birthday not just any nigga's birthday. You go get his present I'll meet you at the party," she smiled.

I pulled her closer by her waist. "Thank you baby. I promise I won't take long."

She hugged my torso. "Run along then my future husband," she tipped toed and pecked my lips. "I still can't believe you proposed to me with this huge rock on my finger," she said flashing her finger with the engagement ring on.

Gwen and I dated for five years and two months ago, I got down on one knee and asked for her hand in marriage. I smiled as I looked at it. "That rock on your ring be looking like a tumour. Its so big. Nothing but the best for my baby," I said then I went to the Mercedes and opened her door for her. I watched as she pulled out the driveway.

I then got in my car and I was off. Truth of the matter is, I didn't forget Trey's birthday gift. Its just in my car. I'm going to an odd place which surprisingly I find most of my peace at. I made a quick stop at the flower shop first and I was off.

I got out of my car and walked into the cemetery where we buried Beyonce. I walked for a minute or two then I saw her tombstone.

I knelt down and read the message engraved on her tombstone.

"You were a gift sent from above. You swam against the tides so that you can reach for the stars, its a shame that haven couldn't wait for you.

I wish that we could have spent more time together but time is so unkind.

You'll forever be missed Beyonce."

I read as my eyes got filled with tears.

I just wish I can turn back the hands of time and just hold her one last time. I regret that the last I saw Beyonce was when we fought ten years ago when she broke off our engagement.

Not a day passes without Beyonce crossing my mind. I loved her with every ounce in me and she was also in love with me. I guess this is all karma. I didn't realize how much she meant to me until she was gone.

The sad part is that her body was never found so we just buried an empty coffin. I bet her body was ripped to shreds by sharks or maybe other animals.

I will never forget the sacrifices Beyonce made to be with me. She was given an ultimatum by her parents back when we were dating that if she doesn't leave me then they'll disown her. She chose me and what did she get? She's now six feet under because of me. When I told her family about her death they came but they blame me for her death.

"See you later my BumbleBey," I said as I placed the flowers on her grave and removed the old and wilted ones.

I got up an went to my car then I headed to Trey's party. He rented out this club so that he'll have his party.

"Sup man," Trey said dapping me up as I approached him. "Aye, I see you brought me a gift. Its all wrapped up in a bow and shit. You sure that ain't a bitch gift?"

I sucked my teeth and handed him the wrapped gift. "Your stupid ass is so ungrateful. I got you a Rolex watch but since you're bitching around-"

"Rolex? Gimme," he said like a kid in a candy store as he snatched the gift from me. He opened the box and his face lit up. "Damn, imma add this watch to the rest of my watch collection."

"Its funny how you have a watch collection but you still never on time," I said.

"Da da. Up up," I heard a tiny voice.

I looked down and saw Owen with his arms out for Trey.

"The hell you bring a toddler to a club for? Something could happen to the poor fella," I spat as I picked up Owen.

Trey shrugged. "Last I checked he was with Staci. I don't know what the fuck happen," he nonchalantly said then he walked away ignoring Owen.

Trey and Staci should at least pretend that Owen was a planned child. Owen is just a 'happy accident'.

"Where's your mother fella?" I asked Owen as I slightly poked his cheek and he smiled.

"Mommy there snapping with phone," he said pointing. I followed his finger and saw Staci, Gwen and some other people busy taking pictures together. "I hungry uncle Shawn," Owen said as he laid his head on my shoulder.

"Let's go get you something to eat then buddy," I said walking through the crowd and making it to the kitchen to make Owen some food.

I also wish to have my own children in the future. Gwen says she ain't ready to be a mom yet but we'll revisit that topic when we're married. Until then, Owen's like my own son.