15

Beyonce POV

For the past couple of weeks I've seen the relationship between Shawn and Ryan getting stronger and that makes me happy. I hate to admit but with Ryan spending weekends with Shawn it gives me time to myself on weekends.

"Hey Bey," my co-worker Russell said as he walked in my office carrying some files. "Are you excited about the gala dinner tonight?" He asked as he sat on the chair in front of my desk.

"I'm kinda nervous," I confessed.

The company chose Russell and I to represent them in this gala dinner. Russell is used to this kind of events but this is my first time going to such prestigious events for the company.

"Look, I'll be there with you okay? Just be cool and do you. You're a confident woman and brilliant so don't worry yourself," he reassured me. "I'm your friend so I'll be there for you."

I can't lie, that made me feel a whole lot better.

"If you say so," I smiled at Russell. "I guess I'll meet you at the gala dinner."

He got up and did a 360 spin. "See you then Bey," he said and he walked out of my office.

After work when Shawn drops off Ryan at home I have to take him to Solange's place so that she'll babysit my son. I'll have to go back home to freshen up and get dressed for the gala dinner.

Shawn POV

"Okay baby, the bow tie is fine," I said as Gwen fixed my bow tie for the millionth time.

"I want you to look sharp for the gala dinner so excuse me for fixing you up," she said.

I sucked my teeth and got out of her grip. I got out of our bedroom so that she can finish with her make up and shit. I know we're gonna be late because Gwen just loves to take her time so might as well get comfortable.

I got to the kitchen to make myself a sandwich because the finger foods they serve at these events just ain't gonna cut it for a nigga like me.

I waited for about an hour and a half before Gwen was finally finished.

***

"This event may be shitty as fuck but at least we look fly as fuck," Trey said fixing his tie.

We were all just standing around holding our drinks. Gwen was with her friends and I was with my home boys.

"I didn't want to come but Nicki promised to give me some when we get home," August slightly chuckled.

"That's how they get you to do anything for them. They know that their pussy is da bomb," Trey said. "The dick may touch the heart but the pussy can snatch the soul," we all then erupted in laughter.

These crazy ass niggas make coming to such boring ass events worth it.

"Aye, I'm going to get a refill," I announced and I walked away from our little circle.

I went through the maze of people in search for a waiter. I looked around until my eyes landed on an angel. My jaw immediately dropped went I saw Beyonce and I was hypnotised by her beauty.

I walked closer to her. "I never knew you were into such fancy events," I said to her.

She playfully rolled her eyes. "Calm down pretty boy, I'm here for business," she smiled.

Over the past couple of weeks Beyonce has stopped being so hostile towards me, she still has her savage moments but it ain't like before.

"You look stunning," I complimented.

She did a little twirl. "Thank you, I try. You look handsome," she said.

I bit my bottom lip as I looked her up and down. I was basically undressing her with my eyes.

"Hey Bey, I tasted this bomb ass finger foods and the first person that crossed my mind was you," this man said walking closer to Beyonce while carrying a plate.

Beyonce smiled at him. "Why did I cross your mind?" She asked and he whispered something to her which led to her releasing a slight chuckle. "You're right," she nodded.

I couldn't help but to get jealous while looking at them starting to whisper amongst themselves.

I cleared my throat to make my presence known.

"Oh where are my manners?" Beyonce finally noticed me. "Russell this is Shawn. Shawn this is Russell," she introduced.

I smiled weakly as I shook this Russell guy's hand. I made sure to give him a firm handshake so that he knows nobody fucks with me or with my baby mama.

"Nice to meet you Shawn. I'm Beyonce's co-worker and friend," he said with a cheesy smile.

"I'm her baby daddy," I said. "That's right, I hit that and put a baby inside her."

Beyonce's eyes went wide. "Shawn!" She retaliated.

I raised my brow at her. "Don't act like you didn't like it," I smiled and I winked at her.

She rolled her eyes. "I'm so sorry Russell. My baby daddy isn't always this STUPID," she spat while mean mugging me. "Excuse us for a second," she said and she nudged me.

I smirked as I followed her. "What's up boo?" I smiled at her as we stopped.

She rubbed her temples. "Why are you acting like a thirsty teenager?"

I smacked my lips as I put my hands in my front pockets. "I have no clue what you're talking about," I smiled at her. "Why you acting like you didn't like it when I put Ryan inside you," I licked my lips.

She stared at me with a blank expression. "Stop flirting with me. You have a FIANCÉE and a BABY on the way. We may have this cordial relationship going on but I will not tolerate such inappropriate behavior, are we clear?" She threatened which kinda scared me.

"I'm sorry," I said. "I didn't mean to-"

"There you are baby," Gwen said walking towards me.

She turned and she locked eyes with Beyonce. They both froze and glared at each other.

"I didn't know that they allowed peasants in such prestigious events," Gwen said with her eyes still on Beyonce.

This ain't gonna end well.

"Bitch I will slap you," Beyonce spat.

"Just go back to the Vodka bottle you crawled out off," Gwen smirked sinisterly.

Beyonce's nose flared in anger and she clenched her jaws. She was basically fuming with anger and ready to charge at Gwen but I blocked her just in time. I wasn't about to allow a baby-mama showdown in this place.

"That's right, back up before I mess you up," Gwen said. She's basically adding fuel to the fire.

To my surprise I heard Beyonce chuckle. "Nah bitch, I'll be the one to mess you up and that sidekick of yours. You think you scare me? Nah you don't. Honey, I rose from the dead to finish you up. I'll never forgive you for what you did to me," she said so calmly.

I looked between the both of them and Gwen was a bit pale. "What is she talking about?" I asked Gwen but she just gulped.

"Oh so you didn't tell him?" Beyonce chuckled as she pointed at me. "I'll make you pay by doing the exact thing you did to me ten years ago but I'm better than that. I'll make you pay some other way."

What are they talking about? I'm completely lost.

Beyonce then walked closer to me and her hand caressed my cheek. "Have an amazing night baby daddy," she smiled at me and she kissed my cheek. I watched as she walked away and joined that Russell friend of hers.

"What was that all about?" I asked Gwen.

"Take me home Shawn," Gwen snapped.

I didn't ask anymore questions, I led her out of this place and we headed back home.

Imma let this two settle their differences, I'm only gonna interfere if it gets out of hand.