16

Gwen POV

"She's going to kill us Gwen. Beyonce's coming for our asses," Staci paced up and down my kitchen like some headless chicken.

I rolled my eyes. "Relax, that bitch ain't goin' do nothing to me. I'm pregnant," I said and I took a sip of my glass of water.

She stopped and looked at me. "What about me?"

I scrunched up my face. "Yaah, your ass is screwed," I said nonchalantly.

Staci looked like she was on the verge of tears. "This is Karma right here. We tried killing an innocent woman and now she's back from the dead to kill us too," she kept on fidgeting with her fingers. "What if she goes to the police to confess?" She said as her voice cracked with emotions.

I sucked my teeth. "Relax, even if she does she ain't got no evidence linking us to what we did. We used latex gloves remember?"

She slowly smiled to make herself feel better but I could see that she wasn't convinced. "I guess you're right," she smiled weakly. "Gosh I regret what we did."

I furrowed my eyebrows at her. "What's that suppose to mean? We eliminated the competition, at least we thought we did but that bitch was gone for ten years. That gave us time to get ahead and do our shit."

Staci sighed. "Look, this shit mostly benefited you. You got Shawn, your dream house and all of her liquidated assets whereas I just got a small portion of money."

I got up from my stool and charged towards her. "Don't be calling $100 million a small portion. I helped your ass so just stop being ungrateful," I spat.

"I am grateful okay? That money helped me a lot and its still helping till this day. I just really feel bad for what we did to Beyonce that's all," she said. "Now that I'm thinking about it, she could have had a miscarriage because she was pregnant with Ryan back then."

I sucked my teeth and went to get myself some chips from the cabinet. "Just switch off your fucking conscious then you wouldn't feel bad," I said opening my bag of chips.

This woman and her eye opener is so annoying. She should just ignore her stupid conscious and live her life.

"When is Shawn coming back from work?" Staci asked as she sat on one of the stools.

"Around eleven in the evening. I really don't give a fuck," I said handing Staci the bag of chips and we started eating together. "I'm just happy that my baby daddy is coming over," I smiled.

"Don't you think its risky bringing him here?"

"Nonsense. Travis knows how to do me right," I stuck out my tongue. "I've brought him here before and rest assured that we fucked in this house."

Staci rolled her eyes. "What you're doing is going to backfire one day," she said and she got up. "I'll see you later," she said walking out without giving me a chance to respond.

This woman should loosen up and live life on the edge. Anyways, let me call my real baby daddy so that he'll come over and keep me company.

Shawn POV

Work has got me busting my ass. I told Gwen that I'll be home late.

I packed the last of my files and looked at the time. I was in luck because it was around eight at night. I took my phone to call Gwen so that I can inform her that I'll be home early but then I remembered that my battery's dead.

"It don't matter," I said to myself as I put everything in my briefcase.

I made sure to lock up and I was off.