20

Beyonce POV

"Mama, get your ear off the camera. We're on FaceTime," I said over the phone as I spoke to mama Rose. I heard shuffling on the other line then mama Rose moved her phone and I finally saw her face.

"Sorry about that baby. I just can't keep up with these technological advances. I don't understand this time-facing thing."

I chuckled as I walked out of my bathroom after showering. My hair was in a messy bun with a towel wrapped around my drenched body.

"I see you've forgotten about your mama now you're in California."

I playfully rolled my eyes because she's just being dramatic. The last time I talked to her was over the phone, two days ago.

"Mama, I didn't forget about you. I talked to you just the other day. I talk to Eric and Rihanna everyday," I said as I sat on my bed.

She sucked her teeth.

"Enough about that. How are you doing my baby?"

"I'm fine. I can't complain really. I just miss you that's all," I pouted.

"That's sweet baby and I miss you too but have you spoken to any of your family members beside Solange?"

I sighed. The thought of going back to Houston scares me. I don't know if they'll be happy to see me or just want me to get lost.

"I haven't been in touch with anyone from Houston. I don't think they'll want to see me or Ryan," I said.

"How do you know? Did you ask them?"

"No ma'am."

"I may have known you for ten years, truth of the matter is I ain't your real family. You have to keep in touch with your real family baby."

"Mama you are my real family. I just don't think they wanna see me," I said lowly.

"Are you scared baby?"

She asked softly and I nodded.

"Don't be. Try to get in touch with them baby. The universe has given you a second chance in life and you must not let this chance slip by like that. Don't be consumed by this fear you have just go for it."