14

Beyonce POV

"What the hell happened to your eye?!" I exclaimed completely out of shock as I examined Ryan's eye.

Shawn just brought Ryan back home and I was greeted by my son's black, swollen eye.

"Mom, I'm fine," Ryan said. "Dad and I were playing basketball," he got inside the house and Shawn followed him inside.

I watched as Shawn and Ryan went to the living room and made themselves comfortable on the couch.

I went over and stood in front of Shawn with my arms crossed. "Follow me," I glared at him and I walked off leading him to the kitchen. "What the hell happened to my son's eye?"

He put his hands in his pockets and looked at me. "First of all, he's our son and not just yours okay boo?" He said walking closer to me. "Pertaining his eye, it was an accident so don't panic," he said casually.

I swear this man just loves pushing my buttons.

"If my son is gonna come looking like he got jumped then kiss your weekends with him goodbye," I spat.

He chuckled. "You wouldn't dare," he smirked sinisterly.

"Try me," I challenged.

He rubbed his chin. "You gonna do me like this? Fine then, have it your way," he said then he sighed. "If you try to prevent me from seeing our son I'll take your ass to court. I'll fight until I get full custody of my son. I bet you'll also love it if I also take Ryan away from you for ten years," he spoke as we locked eyes.

I could feel myself getting pale from the fright. I can't imagine Ryan being taken away from me, I'll be crushed.

"Say something now Miss Sassy-Pants," he slowly walked closer towards me and I slowly backed away until I hit the counter. He placed his hands on the counter, on either sides of my arms and he trapped me there. He then leaned closer to my ear. "Don't you ever threaten to take away our child away from me are we clear boo?" He whispered.

I closed my eyes as I enjoyed his warm, minty breath hit my ears. He was so close to me, I got a whiff of his fresh yet intoxicating cologne. I swear it took all that's in me not to kiss him.

"Are you gonna take our son away from me boo?" He said in my ear which caught me off guard thus I flinched a bit.

My throat suddenly became all dry. "No," I said lowly.

He slowly moved away and he inched his face closer to my face. I stared down at his plump lips and he licked them. He moved closer, bridging the gap between us then he held my waist with one hand.

I miss being this close to Shawn.

"Don't you have a fiancée to tend to?" I said looking at him.

"Can I at least get a hug before I go?" He smirked and I shook my head. "I respect," he let me go.

A part of me wanted him to continue holding me close and didn't want the moment to end.

"Ryan! I'm going!" He spoke loud enough for Ryan to hear in the other room.

I heard footsteps and Ryan came in the kitchen to give Shawn a hug. That made me crack up a smile.

"See you later dad," he broke the hug and smiled at him.

Shawn then left the kitchen and I heard the door close after some few seconds. I guess he left.

I turned and looked at Ryan. "Come here Corey," I gestured for him to come to me. I used my index finger and lifted up his chin to look at his busted eye. "Basketball? You were playing basketball? Since when?"

He slightly chuckled. "I don't know what you're talking about ma. I do the sports," he said.

I cupped his face. "Boy, I've carried you in my womb for nine months, I've raised you for ten years. I know you more than you think. I know that you are a brilliant boy and you're capable of doing a lot of amazing things but baby basketball? That ain't one of your things," I said.

"Mama its fine," he said. "Imma go watch TV with uncle Eric now," he got out of my grip and got out of the kitchen.

Shawn POV

I can still smell Beyonce's heavenly scent all over me. When we were in her kitchen I wanted to kiss her so bad but I didn't wanna invade her personal space because this new Beyonce is really unpredictable. She's a savage which makes her more attractive to me.

"Aye Shawn!" I heard August snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Huh?" I said.

"Nigga, we out here chilling and you're busy daydreaming," Ty said.

"Are your baby mamas giving you trouble?" Trey chimed in. "I still can't believe Beyonce's alive and you both have a son together," he shook his head.

I finally told the rest of my home boys about Beyonce being alive and all.

"I'm aight, I was just thinking what imma wear to this gala dinner we are invited to," I lied and I took a sip of my drink. We were all just sitting and chilling at the bar. August was keeping it sober because Nicki don't want him getting drunk while she's pregnant plus he's our driver back to our cribs.

"Just wear a motherfucking suit and tie. Ain't nobody give a damn," Trey shrugged. "Let's talk about something more serious here, August and Shawn are gonna be fathers," he raised his glass.

"Shawn has his plate full since he has a ten year old and a newborn on the way. You've got yourself in a pickle but I believe you can do it," Ty said.

Trey stood up. "Fellas, all eyes on me," he said. "Fatherhood is the most amazing shit of all time. I know that I should be the last one to talk considering I've fucked up a little."

"A little?" August raised his brow at him.

Trey sucked his teeth. "Fine, I fucked up a lot. Happy?" He said. "Bottom line is be with your woman throughout her pregnancy because she didn't conceive on her own. Be a team when raising your child and be there for your child."

Ty started clapping. "Fatherhood has really changed your ass and I'm proud of you" he said.

Fatherhood does change a man, Trey has started being more involved in Owen's life. I also want to do that for my own kids.

Ryan POV

I finished brushing my teeth then I made it to my bedroom and got under my bedcovers.

"Hey baby, you still up?" Mama said as she walked in my bedroom carrying a tray. She sat on my bed and placed the tray on the nightstand. "Here's some pain killers," she handed me the pills and a glass of water which I gladly accepted.

"Thank you," I smiled weakly at her. She took the ointment on the tray and rubbed it on my busted eye. "Ssss it hurts," I hissed in pain as I squirmed in her grip.

"Sorry baby but this will help with the swelling," she said and she stopped then she kissed my cheek.

"Mom, can I ask you a question?"

She smiled at me. "Go on baby."

"Do you hate dad?"

She froze for a second then she shook her head. "No baby. I don't hate him. I can never hate him because if it wasn't for him I wouldn't have you," she warmly said. "Why did you ask me that?"

"Seeing you always argue with dad but today I saw y'all kissing in the-"

"Kissing? Your father and I didn't kiss," she said.

I scrunched up my face. "But y'all faces was close to each other."

She shook her head. "Your father was just whispering something to me. You must have seen us talking from a different angle which made it seem like we were kissing," she said. "Goodnight baby," she kissed my cheek and took the tray.

I guess she's right.

I pulled up my bedcovers and slowly drifted off to sleep.