25

Shawn POV

"Nigga, your ass did what?!" August yelled in shock as I retold the story of what I did when Beyonce told me she was pregnant with twins about a week ago.

"Man, I fucking passed out," I said as I shook my head in disbelief. "Its been a week now and Beyonce and I haven't talked about it yet," I said then I took a sip of my beer.

Its just Trey, August and I in August's kitchen. We're eating and drinking beer. Ty couldn't come because he got held up at work.

"No offense man but you handled the news like a weak bitch. I bet Beyonce's just thinking that you want nothing to do with them babies," August said.

As much as I feel like kicking this nigga in the balls for calling me a 'weak bitch' and all, he's right. What I did must have sent the wrong message to Beyonce and I need to fix it. I know that I ain't prepared to be a father but I'll do my best to be there for Beyonce throughout the pregnancy and in raising our children.

"When Staci told me she was with child, I was shocked but I didn't pass out. You've got to man up and apologize to your woman," Trey said.

Just when I was about to answer, my phone started ringing in my pocket. I got it out and I accepted the call.

"Wazz good?....Wait what?...Oh shit! What happened?...Which hospital?...Damn, I'm coming right now," I ended the call and I frantically stuffed my things in my pocket.

"What happened?" August asked sounding concerned.

"Yah man. You've suddenly gone pale," Trey chimed in.

"Solange just called to inform me that Beyonce has been admitted at the hospital. She said its something pertaining the babies," I said. "Let's go."

We all got into our separate cars and rushed to the hospital.

Damn, I don't want nothing happening to my children.

We got to the hospital and they directed us to Beyonce's room. We got there and we found Solange sitting on a chair next to Beyonce who was sleeping peacefully on her bed.

"What happened to her?" I asked as I went to stand on the other side of Beyonce's bed.

"I was called from work that Beyonce got brought here by an ambulance. When I got here I was informed that she was experiencing excruciating cramps and was short of breath. The doctor then told me that she has high blood pressure and pre-eclampsia. Luckily, the babies were unharmed," she said lowly.

I looked at Beyonce and I pecked her lips. "I love you baby," I whispered then the door swung open and in came this male doctor.

"Greetings everyone," he said as he went to Beyonce and started checking her vitals and shit. "I'm Dr Howard," he extended his hand to me.

"I'm Shawn Carter, the father of the children Beyonce's carrying," I said.

"I'm so glad you're here because I've got a few things to tell you about Mrs Carter here," he said. I couldn't help but smile when he referred to Beyonce as my wife. "Her condition makes her prone to high blood pressure so she has to take it easy and minimize her stress levels. To be safe, I'm putting her on mandatory bed rest for two months."

Two months? Beyonce ain't gonna like that. She's still working on her Ivy Park clothing line.

The doctor and I talked for a while then he left. My home boys and Solange also left so I was left with Beyonce.

"Mmm, my babies," I heard Beyonce whisper in a raspy voice. Her eyes then slowly open.

"Take it easy baby. The twins are fine just relax," I said as I helped her sit up then I helped her drink some water to quench her thirst. "How are you feeling baby?"