18

Shawn POV

"Gone?! What do you mean he's gone Shawn?!" Beyonce yelled at me on top of her lungs as she rampaged through her apartment.

See this was happened. I came back from grocery shopping a few minutes ago and Ryan was nowhere to be found. Last I saw him was when he was sleeping peacefully in his bedroom. Now I'm panicking, looking for my son then Beyonce walks in and finds me calling out his name as I searched the place.

"Beyonce please calm down," I trailed behind her. She stopped in her tracks and glared at me.

"One job Shawn. You had one fucking job and you screwed it!" She spat as her chest heaved up and down.

I get that I kinda screwed up but yelling at me ain't gonna do shit. Just when I thought I had this fathering thing in the bag, this happens.

"Look, I'm pretty sure he'll turn up eventually," I stood in the middle of the hallway as Beyonce walked in Ryan's bedroom. "He ain't in there Bey. Let me go look for him outside."

I took my phone to look at the time and it was five minutes after five. At this point I feel like crapping myself because its starting to get late and a bit chilly out.

Beyonce came out of his bedroom while rubbing her temples and she took a deep breath. "I knew something messed up was gonna go down while you're watching my son. You are fucking irresponsible like your fath-"

"Don't you dare compare compare me to Don!" I yelled as I charged towards her and she slowly backed into a wall. We locked eyes as I felt my blood boil. "I may be a lot of things but I'm nothing like Don!" I walked closer to her such that here wasn't anymore space between us.

The place got silent as we had a stare off. All of a sudden Beyonce scoffed. "You went to jail just like your father," she said. I clenched my jaw as I fought the urge to punch the wall.

Why she gotta be petty though?

I went to jail one time for fighting with this guy at the club back when Beyonce and I were still dating. I was released on bail after two days behind bars. I accept that I did time but it wasn't all that bad like Don who went to jail for a number of reasons like drunk driving, selling drugs, sexual harassment, assault. The list goes on.

"What is wrong with you Beyonce?" I asked her as calmly as I could. I don't want things escalating on my watch. "Am I really that terrible as a father in your eyes?"

"Yes," she said without hesitation.

Before I could even respond I heard footsteps. "Mom? Dad?" Ryan was finally home. I backed away from Beyonce and I wanted to go to him but she beat me to it.

Imma let her do all the disciplining and the whole parenting thing while I excuse myself and go to my room. I think I've overstayed my welcome here so imma go start scouting for apartments because its obvious that Beyonce don't need me no more. I'm happy that she has everything all handled.

Beyonce POV

I wanted to whoop Ryan's ass so bad but I let it slide this time because he had a good reason behind his disappearance. He was doing his homework over at Justin's place, he lost track of time and Justin's mom decided to bring him back home since it was starting to get dark. I told Ryan that he should carry his phone next time so that communication is easy between us.

I finally finished cleaning up after we had dinner. I wiped my hands after doing the dishes then I headed for my room to slip into something more comfortable so that I'll go back to the living room to watch some TV.

"What are you doing dad?" Ryan spoke as I walked down the hallway. I stopped in front of the guest room Shawn accommodated for the time being.

"I'm searching for an apartment son," Shawn said. I walked closer so that I can hear better what those two are talking about.

ALIVEजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें