CHAPTER 6

VERONICA

"Finally,I have caught you alone."Hunter said smiling at me.

"what do you mean by that? It's not like I have been avoiding you or something."I said faking a laugh.

"I know you are avoiding me."He said with a serious tone.

"And why will I want to avoid you?"I asked mirroring his expression.

"I guess it's because you don't want to give me your house address."He said with a shrug.

"Fine, to be sincere I have been avoiding you and it's because I don't want to give you my house address and please don't ask me why."I replied.

"Just give me your house address besides it's not like I want to rob you or something, I just want to come over to pick you up for the party." He replied with a frown.

"Okay,I give up but that's the only reason I'm giving you my address and I don't want you sharing it with any other person. please don't come to my house apart from the day of the party." I said and gave him my address not sure if I was doing the right thing by giving him that.

"Thanks a lot dear and trust me, I won't share it with anyone."He said as he winked.

"Hmmm."I replied with a nod because I don't actually know what to say to him.

After school,I went home and I haven't told Sam about Stephanie and Liam but I'm sure it will break his heart and it won't be nice at all.
------------------------------------------------------

   This week has almost come to an end.
It was kind of slow but today is Friday and I didn't forget I have a party to attend.

I finally told Sam about Liam and Stephanie and his expression was not pleasant at all because his always happy face turned to a very sad one and he didn't say anything meaningful throughout that day.

I actually felt guilty because I can't stop thinking that Liam took Something Sam wanted and I know it isn't true because I believe that Liam wouldn't have dated Stephanie if he was aware of Sam's crush.

Well,he is my best friend and I feel he deserves all the love and happiness on Earth but there is nothing I can do about it.

Besides,I don't think Stephanie was aware of his feelings since he didn't tell her.
Liam doesn't know about the crush either so I can't blame anyone.

Anyway,that issue is over for now.

I reminded Sam of the party but he just replied with a simple "Okay,just be careful." he didn't even give me the usual long lesson or should I say preaching that he normally gives me whenever I want to make a decision about something and that was when I knew that the information I gave him kinda broke him but he will heal.

It's  just a crush so it won't take long before he forget about her.
I hope.

Before school was over, Hunter met with me and told me that the party is by 8:30pm so he is coming to pick me at 7:30.

"Okay,no problem."was what I said and I left.

"Veronica,"I heard someone call my name so I turned to see who it was.

Oh God this is what I'm avoiding.
It's not as if I don't like Steph but I'm not ready to create any close relationship with anybody right now and obviously not even her.

"Hi,"I told her as I stopped walking.
"Hi,"she replied with a smile as she got closer to where I was standing. I wonder why my brother is even dating her.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a bitch but you are free to think I am.
I just really don't like this girl and it's not because of Sam or anything but I just don't think we will be able to flow with each other.