CHAPTER 14

VERONICA

After talking a shower,I went downstairs to get lunch from the kitchen but I didn't expect to meet Liam there,I thought he was with Steph.

Well, whatever.

"You don't like her right?" he asked.

I wasn't expecting that question though.

"If you are talking about Stephanie,I don't hate her but that doesn't mean we can be friends." I said with a shrug as I brought out the ingredients I will use to prepare a chicken sandwich.

"Okay,but can you please be nice to her? For my sake."he asked.

"Trust me ,I'm nice to her, or did she say I'm not?" I asked.

"No,she didn't say anything but I know what is going on around me." he replied.

"Whatever, I have heard you so can I make my sandwich now?" I asked him.
"I never stopped you from making your sandwich." he replied.
"I mean without you being here." I said as I rolled my eyes.
"Fine,I will leave you to do your thing." he replied with a shrug before leaving.

After making my sandwich,I decided to dial Jennifers number but as I picked my phone I saw an incoming call and it was from an unknown number.

"Hello?" I asked as I sat down on the couch.

"Hey, It's me Bryan, hope I didn't call at the wrong time." he said sounding unsure.

I really wasn't expecting his call.

"No you didn't call at the wrong time." I said as I quickly swallowed the sandwich that was already in my mouth.

"I don't even know why I called,I guess I just wanted to hear your voice." he said from the other end of the phone.

"missing me already?" I asked in a voice I didn't recognize was mine.

"Something like that." he said from the other end and I could picture the smile on his face.

"So, mind telling me how you got my number?" I asked.

"I have my ways." he replied and I'm very sure he has a smirk on his face.

"I don't mean to rush or sound strange but,are you free right now ? like I'm bored right now and... nevermind, I'm sorry." he said.

"No, continue what you were saying." I replied.

"I was just wondering if we could hang out.
maybe go get ice cream or something or anywhere you want to go to." he said.

"Now?" I asked.

"Yeah,but I will understand if you have other plans." he said.

"Why not chill and stop putting words in my mouth,I am free and I will also like to grab some ice cream or something else with you  besides I can really use some company right now." I said with a smile.

Jeez!where did this boldness of mine come from?

"Veronica,are you still there?" he asked.

"Yeah!" I replied coming out from my trance.

"So,I will come pick you up in thirty minutes time?" he said ,more like questioned.

"Sure." I replied.

"Thanks." he said before he ended the call.

*MEANWHILE IN BRYAN'S HOUSE*

  I can't help but feel I'm rushing her to do something but for some weird reasons , I just want to be around her right now and I want to get to know her.