CHAPTER 21B

HUNTER

After Veronica and Bryan kissed on the night of the party, I knew everything was going to change.

I see the way he looks at her with admiration.
He is my cousin and also my best friend so I didn't want any bad blood between us.

When I found out about them being official, I couldn't do anything because I knew I fucked up.

I remember when I first met her,she was hot and I wanted her.
I didn't want anything serious with her,
Just sex! but now I wish I cherished those moments.
Because,the thought alone that I might have had a chance is really heart breaking.

As I was heading back to class, I saw her coming towards me.
I don't know what came over me but I decided to drag her.
I wanted to talk to her and maybe tell her about my feelings but will that change anything?
I don't think so because I think she is even yet to forgive me.
I still wanted her to know about my feelings for her,maybe it's because of the tiny hope I have.

"What the hell?!" she shouted as she saw me and when I saw the look of panic on her face, I closed her mouth because, I didn't want her to draw any attention towards us.

"Hey relax, I just want to talk to you so please don't shout." I wispered as I released her mouth.

"You should have just approached me like a normal person and not drag me like a rag doll." She said clearly pissed.

"I'm sorry,I wasn't sure you will want to listen to me." I said as I feel my hands getting damp with sweat.
I'm so nervous.

"So,What do you want to talk about? I really don't have much time and I need to freshen up and I'm famished so I won't want to miss lunch break." she said hurriedly.

"I like you."I said to her as I watched her expression but it didn't change.

"Of course you do." she replied with a sarcastic tone.

I can see she is not buying it.

"I don't think you understand what I mean." I said again.
"Please elaborate." she replied clearly uninterested.

"I have feelings for you and they are really strong ones." I said with a serious look on my face.
"You are joking right?" she asked me clearly displeased.
"No,I'm not joking." I replied and her next statement was unexpected.

"So, why did you decide to tell me, what do you expect me to do?" she asked staring directly into my eyes and it didn't help the matter at hand.

I couldn't even say anything because, I didn't even know how to reply her question.
She seem to notice I was dumbfounded and I didn't miss the smile on her face.
"Well, if you have nothing to say, I will just go and don't forget that I'm dating your cousin." she replied with a dismissive tone as she started walking out.

"And Hunter, I forgive you but I don't think we can be more than school mates right now." she said as she headed to the restroom.

I am actually happy that she has forgiven me but she didn't even consider us friends. Maybe things are going to change,I really hope so.

Baby steps then,

VERONICA.
I didn't digest what Hunter said today until I was in my room after school.

Being alone can bring lots of thoughts to your head, especially the ones you have been trying hard to avoid.

As I settled on my bed after taking a shower, I started replaying everything that happened today.
What is wrong with him? he can't just wake up one morning and decide he has feelings for me.

As I thought of it, I remembered the look he had on his face when he was talking to me.
He was actually serious.

That explains the pained look he had when I was going for PE class with Bryan.

Now, thinking about it,I also remember how he left when I and Bryan kissed at the party and how he suddenly realized his mistake and came to appologize to me.
Everything was actually starting to add up.

Well, there is actually nothing I can do about his feelings. I don't feel the same way.

Maybe things would have been different if didn't screw his chance up.

Will I have given him a chance?
I'm not even sure about that.

Anyways, it doesn't matter because I am with Bryan now and I am more than happy to be with him.
I also know he feels the same way about me.

After having lunch, I decided to study a little.
Besides, I need to start preparing for finals.
I haven't even thought about the university I will like to go to.

As I was in the middle of studying, my phone started ringing and I looked at the caller ID.

"Hey babe," I said grinning from ear to ear.
This is actually the first time I'm calling him that, I don't even know why I did it.

"I will like to hear that again." Bryan said from the other end of the phone.

He is clearly pleased with the pet name.
I repeated it and I know he is smilling to himself right now,I can picture it.

He asked me how I am and I told him I was fine.
He said he just called to hear my voice and that brought a kind of sweet feeling to my body.

What Hunter told me came to my mind but I decided to keep it to myself.
I don't think it will be a good idea to mention it to Bryan and I don't want them fighting because of me.

We chatted for sometime and he asked me what I was doing then, I told him I was studying.
He said he doesn't want to distract me so we said our goodbyes and he hung up.

Having a boyfriend is actually nice, nicer than I thought.
And not just having a boyfriend but having a nice, caring and hot boyfriend.
I can't help but feel like I can share my burdens with him.

I know relationships have flaws and we are yet to have one but, I really don't want us to have any argument.
Although, Bryan seem like someone that will try to make the matter better if anything goes wrong.