CHAPTER 20

VERONICA

After we had breakfast,I and Jennifer went to my room and decided to watch a movie or two before she goes back home.

As we settled down on my bed with the bucket ice cream which we claimed was desert when my mum asked us what we were doing with it since we just had breakfast.

"Kids, have fun.
I will be out for some hours." we heard from outside my door.

"Bye mum." I shouted as we continued watching the movie.

We were still on the first one.

When we were done with the first movie,I decided to check the time and it was already two minutes to 1:00pm.

"It's almost 1:00 o'clock and we are having a date at 2:00 " I told Jennifer.

"Geez!you haven't even had your bath, Let's select your clothes first.
Did he tell you where you guys are going to?" Jennifer asked me.

"No,he just said I should wear something warm but I don't want to look underdressed or overdressed." I said feeling worried.

"Why not ask him then?" Jennifer suggested but I had a feeling that he won't tell me where we are going to.

As I dialed his number,he received the call in the first ring.

"Hey princess,how are you?" he asked.

"I'm good, what about you?" I replied.

"Same, so  why did you call, am I late for our date?" he asked from the other end of the phone and I heard shuffling as if he was standing up from his bed.

"No,I just wanted to ask you where we are going to.
I don't want to look underdressed or overdressed." I said voicing out my worry.

"Don't worry babe,you look hot in whatever you wear." he said and I could tell he is grinning right now.

"Why can't you just tell me?" I asked.

"Well,that will totally spoil the surprise but just wear something casual and warm." he replied.

"Okay,I gotta go." I said as I told him bye and ended the call.

"I guess he didn't tell you." Jennifer said.

"Yeah,He just said I should wear something casual and warm.
So, what do you think? let's select some clothes." I said as I stood up and went to my wardrobe.

I really don't have much time, I need to be fast.

After going through my wardrobe,I decided to wear a dark blue dress with the sleeves resting just above my elbow.
The gown is tight at the top and hugged my cleavage perfectly but it's flaired from my waist to the top of my knees.

"I think this will pass as casual and warm if I pair it with my black jacket since it's kind of cold outside." I said to Jennifer as she agreed with a nod.

After taking my bath, I got into my clothes and decided to put my hair in a low ponytail then,I did my light make up and added more lip gloss and mascara.

I settled on a gold sandals and shoulder purse to match.
When I was done, Jennifer nodded in approval.

"You look hot and innocent at the same time." she said giggling.

"Do I look overdressed?" I asked again for the thousandth time.

"Nah girl, you look perfect." Jennifer replied.

"I guess I have to leave now, call me when you get home and more importantly don't forget to give me every single information on how the date went." she said smilling as she gathered her things.