CHAPTER 16

VERONICA

When I woke up,the house was very quiet.

What's wrong?

I slowly stood up and went to my attached bathroom, washed my face and quickly brushed my teeth.

I went downstairs to know what was going on.
It's not like my house is usually noisy but I am supposed to feel a presence in the house at least.

As I passed the front of Liam's room,it was silent but the door was partially open so I assumed he wasn't there.

As I got downstairs,I started hearing people speaking in low tones and those voices are the ones I will always known,no matter where I hear them.

Dad was the one talking now.

"What's going on?" I asked as I got there.
mum was looking angry and dad was also looking furious and there was another person there who I guess is the lawyer.

"Honey,you are awake." mum said avoiding my previous question.

"Where is Liam?" I asked as I took in the documents on the table and the scenario.

"He went out." mum replied and I know there is more to the story,he must have seen them.

"So, what's going on now?" I asked my voice breaking as the weight of the divorce hit me.

" your mum and I are thinking about splitting you and Liam,both of you can not be with your mum.

"You can't be serious Casper, don't say your mum and I because,you were the one that suggested it out of your own selfish reasons." mum said raising her voice.

"I can't believe you are trying to separate me and Liam." I said fuming.
This cannot be happening.

"Honey, it's not what you think." my dad said as he came closer to me.

"There is absolutely nothing to think about.
Infact,when you guys know you won't stay together forever,why marry at all because now you are dragging me and Liam into this your bullshit." I said folding my hands on my chest.

"Watch your tone,I'm still your father." dad warned.

"This is just so unbelievable!" I screamed as I ran back to my room.
Mum was calling me but I didn't even respond.
I got inside my room and locked the door,I really need to be alone right now.

I still can't believe this is happening,ever since I heard about the divorce I was trying to convince myself that my parents will change their minds and come to love each other again.

Is this how marriage is?how will you just wake up one morning and decide you are no longer in love?he was even thinking of separating Liam and I? what a joke!

I don't think I will be able to make it to school today,
I feel so drained.

I decided to call Sam.

He received the call and I summerised what happened and he said he is coming over.

I told him to go to school and he can come see me after school but he said he wants to come over, besides he is my best friend and he loves me.

"I love you too." I replied sniffing.

He ended the call after saying he is on his way.

I'm really greatful that Sam decided to come over because even if I say I need to be alone,I still need a friend right now.

So,how is my life going to be now,will it change?and I'm not even leaving mum.
No matter what.

What if dad now get married to one evil step mother like those ones in Disney cartoons or even movies these days.