Chapter 21

"Let's get out of here, before the cops come," Diego turned away with Klaus and Luther.

"In a minute," Five sighed.

Y/N crossed her arms and watched as Five bent down and took something out of his pocket. She inhaled sharply as recognized the eye and she sat next to Five, taking off Harold's eye cover.

"Come on, guys, what are you-"

Diego interrupted himself with a gag as turned in the other direction. Five had pushed the prosthetic eye into Harold's empty eye-socket and they both gasped when they saw that it matched perfectly.

"Ugh, wow," Klaus scrunched his nose.

"Same eye color, same pupil size. Guys this is it," Five said. "The eye I've been carrying around for decades, it—It's found it's rightful home."

Y/N sniffed and got up. "Well...that's all, isn't it?"

Five stared at her than back at Jenkins, taking out the eye.

"Oh, you're gonna keep it," Y/N pinched her nose.

"We've got the guy who started the apocalypse," Diego whispered.

"Yay! Let's go," Klaus said.

He turned around to leave but Diego grabbed his shirt.

"Wait, wait. It can't be that easy," Five stood and stared at the three people in front of him.

"But it was," Y/N groaned.

Five ignored her and bent down next to Diego. "Look, this is the note that I got from the commission. The one that says, protect Harold Jenkins. Aka, Leonard Peabody."

Y/N frowned.

"But who killed him? Who did this," Five continued, gesturing to the body.

"Maybe it was Hazel. He must know about the apocalypse and he's, uh, good now," Y/N shrugged.

"What? That doesn't make sense on many levels, Y/N," Five snapped. "Was there anything else that happened that night?"

"Y/N might not remember," Diego stepped in. "Grace told me she suffered a slight concussion."

"Great! It's only been a few days and suddenly, I'm Finding Dory," Y/N huffed, rubbing her arms.

"I have a crazy idea," Klaus chimed. "Crazy, but why don't we find Vanya..."

Five rolled his eyes and lit a hand on Y/N's shoulder and whisked them both away from the conversation. They arrived in one of the halls in the academy and Y/N yelled when she came face to face with a weird painting.

"Dude! Tell me when you spatial jump and bring me with you, next time! It gives me a heart attack quite a lot..."

"Y/N."

"What?"

"Just...be quiet for a minute. And when did you start calling  me 'dude'," Five snapped.

Y/N crossed her arms and stared at the boy. "If you wanted me to be quiet, why did you bring me along?"

"Your memories of last night. Tell me. Do you remember anything?"

Y/N slapped his hands away. "Fine. Just...don't come with in 5 feet of me unless it's absolutely crucial."

"I make no promises," he shrugged.

Y/N scoffed and tapped her foot. "Okay, let's see...it started with Allison. We were looking for Vanya, need up going to a hospital where a guy said that Harold payed him to beat him up. We went to Jenkins cabin after that and..."