Chapter 28

Five and Hazel appeared behind a bench as they looked around their surroundings, seeing as it wasn't the full out war they were standing in the middle of seconds ago.

"Okay," Five breathed. "What the hell was that?"

"The end of the world, November 25, 1963," Hazel informed.

"'63," Five whispered.

He looked away for a moment before chuckling softly. "You know, Hazel, I'm no history buff, but I don't recall there being a nuclear holocaust."

"Of course," Hazel mumbled.

"What about my family," Five asked.

"Dead, like everyone else," Hazel said.

"And where am I now?"

"Dallas. Same street. Ten days earlier," Hazel clutched his briefcase and walked around the bench, sitting on it tiredly. "Plenty of time to restore the timeline and save them."

"Okay," Five whispered. "So where do we start?"

He sat next to Hazel who had leaned back. "We? You're on your own, pal. I'm just here to keep a promise to Agnes."

"Is she...," Five asked softly.

"Dead," Hazel finished. "Cancer. Took her quick."

Hazel sighed as his heart ached for the woman he loved. "But we had 20 good years together. I guess forever just wasn't in the cards."

"I'm sorry, Hazel," Five said as he watched a bus stop.

"But hey, I think I have something to help you," Hazel coughed and reached into his back pocket, pulling out a newspaper.

"What's this," Five questioned as he took the paper from Hazel's hands.

He opened it and skimmed through before his eyes rested on a photograph of a smiling Y/N who was holding a certificate for...some television store. Five ignored the paragraph and skimmed through once again, looking for her whereabouts.

Morty's Television and Radio Store.

Five sighed in relief and clutched the newspaper tightly. "Thanks, Hazel. For everything,"

Hazel nodded and Five looked at the bus again before back at Hazel. "What about the Commission?"

"I quit, remember? I don't owe 'em the fuzz off my peaches."

Five looked forward again and saw three Swedish men with platinum hair come forward to them in a triangle formation, taking something out of their coats.

"Well, then who the hell are those guys?"

The three men, supposedly brothers, took out guns and aimed them to Hazel and Five.

"Crap."

Hazel put something in Five's pocket and shoved the briefcase in his hands as the three men approached. "Run!"

Five zapped out of the scene as the Swedish brothers shot at Hazel, making the citizens around them scream in fear while they scrambled away.

Five appeared behind a blue car breathing heavily as he held the briefcase that had many bullet holes and crackling electricity, smoke coming out of the front.

The brothers circled around with a desperate yet serious look on their face while looking for Five. Hazel laid dead on the bench with multiple bullet holes in his chest and the brothers walked away, their guns raised.

The leader whistled and Five groaned to himself. "How many times do I say, bulletproof briefcases?"

He peaked over the car at the brothers who had unfortunately saw him. They shot at Five and he jumped back as he spatial jumped to somewhere he needed to go to.