Chapter 24

"She...killed Pogo," Y/N paused as she asked Luther what had happened.

Luther nodded and Y/N let out a puff of air as she clenched her fists. "The last time I saw him...I told him he-I wasn't very nice."

They were all sitting on the ruins of the umbrella academy. Y/N and Five were walking back when they saw it crumble. For Five, he discovered a terrifying truth. For Y/N, she was just shocked. The same could be said for the rest of the Umbrella Academy.

"Guys," Five said as he stepped carefully over the rocks. "This is it. The apocalypse is still on. The world ends today."

Y/N furrowed her brows while the rest of the academy goggled at him as if he were an alien from another planet.

(wiNk wOnk)

"But you said it was over," Luther stepped down and stared at the boy.

"Well, it turns out it isn't," Y/N gestured to the paper Five held in his hands.

"This newspaper, I found in the future, the day I got stuck," Five said quickly. "The headline hasn't changed."

"No," Diego interrupted. "That doesn't mean anything."

"Listen, when I found it, I assumed this place came down along with everything else. But here we are. The moon's still shining, the earth is in one piece, but not the academy."

Y/N narrowed his eyes at him and Klaus stepped forward, taking the newspaper out of Five's hands.

"I'm confused."

"Then listen to me, you idiot! Vanya destroyed the academy before the apocalypse-"

"So she causes it," Y/N finished in a creepy monotone.

Five strained his posture and gave Y/N a nod. "Yes."

"That doesn't make since! It's like what I said...," Klaus started.

"You see, we all thought Jenkins was the cause, but no. He was the fuse, Vanya is the bomb," Five explained.

"We have to find her," Luther exhaled, letting his tense shoulders fall.

There was the whirring of helicopters above them and their yellow light blinded their eyes as they started to surround the fallen property of the mansion.

"We have to go, now! Regroup at the super star," Diego yelled. "Go!"

~~~

Everyone had arrived by then and they were sitting at the very end. All of them had their bowler shoes on, making Five's impatient tapping a little more obnoxious.

"Look, I hate to be the one to say this, but everyone needs to prepared," a stressed and slightly annoyed Luther said.

"For what," Diego asked loudly.

"To do whatever it takes to stop Vanya?"

Allison slapped Luther's chest hardly and he turned to her.

"I-oh my, we may not have a choice, Allison," Luther tried to reason with the girl who was glaring at him crazy.

"Thats bull," Diego said. "There's always options."

"Yeah, like what," Five questioned.

"I don't know."

"Look, whatever we decide, we need to find Vanya," Luther groaned.

Y/N rolled her eyes and leaned over Five to look at what Klaus was doing. He had the newspaper in his hands and he was looking over everything. Klaus was about to turn the page but something caught Y/N's eyes.

"Wait, wait, wait. Hold on. Gimme that," Y/N took the newspaper and saw a picture of Vanya holding a violin.

"Guys, she has a concert tonight. Look at this," Y/N said.

She gave the newspaper to Klaus who showed it to everyone else.

"She's right," Diego agreed, snatching it out of Y/N's hands.

"Guys, she uses her violin to transmit sound waves-"

"Hello," a sweet voice said from behind them.

They turned around to see a blonde woman wearing the uniform for the alley.

"I hate to intrude, but my manager says if you're not going to bowl, you gotta leave."

The girl spread her arms out and clapped, her eyes resting on Five who rolled his eyes.

The manager from behind them slapped his hand on the counter he was cleaning and Luther groaned before taking a ball and throwing it onto the lane, so hard that it made a huge dent right smack in the middle.

"We're the only ones capable of stopping this," Luther started, preparing his speech. "We have a responsibility to dad."

"To dad? No, I've heard enough about-," Diego started.

"He sacrificed everything just to bring us back together!"

"Nah, just himself," Y/N shrugged.

"I'm with Luther on this on," Five said.

"Excuse me?"

"We can't give her a chance to fight back. There are billions of lives at stake. We're past tying to save just one," Five said.

"I'm saying we need a plan," Y/N sighed. "We know how Vanya uses sound waves to fuel her power, I just said that. Maybe...we, uh, need to take her violin...away from her?"

Y/N shrug and wore a sort of confused grimace as if she were questioning herself, which she was kinda doing.

"That would be a great plan...," Five started.

"But," Y/N huffed, telling him to continue.

"But, she's too powerful. We can't doubt that she will use her powers on us like she did to Allison. I mean, Luther, you locked her up," Five said.

"You're right. Maybe I can talk to her. I mean, she likes me the most, no offense," Y/N said.

"I agree," Allison wrote down on her notebook.

"No, it's too risky," Five said at once. "She'll hurt you."

"How can you really guarantee that," Y/N asked.

Five gave her a deadpan looked and held up her arm, pulling back her sleeve to reveal the many cuts she was still recovering from.

Blushing in embarrassment, Y/N pulled her arm away and turned around.

"Smh. Nevermind."

"You know guys, maybe I can help," Klaus said.

"What do you have in mind," Y/N asked.

"Now is not the time," Luther groaned.

"Let him finish. He saved my life today," Diego stepped in.

Y/N raised a brow and nudged Klaus from beside her. "Really?"

He shuffled awkwardly and looked around at everyone.

"Is that true," Luther asked.

"Yeah, yeah, I did...take credit for it," Klaus finished. "In fact, the real hero...was Ben."

Y/N's eyes twinkled and she looked around. "Really? How? Is he here? Did you use your powers?"

"Yesh. I remember now. Okay, I don't really, sort of...know. But, he was solid," Klaus said. "See, today..,today he punched me, in the face. And earlier at the house, he was the one who saved Diego's life, not me."

"You are unbelievable, Klaus," Luther whispered.

"I'm not lying, it's true!"

Luther only shook his head and looked away, rolling his eyes.

"Stop trying to get some attention. We have a real problem to deal with."

~~~