Chapter 41 :)

Five came back from the bar drunk as ever, slipping and sliding over a smooth sidewalk and mistaking a mud pond for a "small puddle."

So to help herself, Y/N took him to Allison's place, which was quite close to the bar.

"Hey, do you think that Medusa's armpit hair is made of tiny snakes," Five asked, groaning as he laid across Allison's sofa.

"That's gross. Probably not."

"Imagine her shaving routine. Ha," Five giggled, ignoring Y/N.

Y/N rolled her eyes at Five's comments as she brought a glass of water. "Allison's going to be back soon so we should be back quick, okay?"

"..."

"Okay?"

Five only sat and stared in silence.

"Are you alright, Five? Do you have a headache," Y/N asked, standing up prepared to bring some pills.

"Have you ever lost faith in me trying to save the world?"

"What?"

"Answer me. Did you ever stop believing in me, or the rest of the Umbrella Academy?"

Y/N could still note from the pink that dusted his cheeks that Five was still drunk and shook her head to answer.

"No."

"Why," Five scoffed.

"Because I know you won't make the same mistakes you made last time."

"Well, where's that guarantee?"

"Here. Because this time you have a few people willing to fix those mistakes," Y/N answered, pointing to herself.

Five went silent once more. "Do you, promise?"

"Yeah. Don't want to die so quick, do I?"

"You don't hate me, do you?"

Y/N scoffed, sitting at Five's feet. "And what makes you think that?"

"Well, I don't hate you. Maybe you think the same way."

Y/N paused, and barley held Five's gaze because of its unusual fierceness. Because Five had never been this sure before.

He continued, "the small talk with dad finally made me realize what I was going for."

He turned to Y/N's stricken face. "You."

And he didn't break a single expression as he sat up and leaned forward, neither did Y/N as he connected his lips with hers.

None of them hesitated, as if it were something they already knew that wasn't there before. Five moved closer, Y/N stood her ground. But they both couldn't help that amazing feeling. And it didn't stop until Five finally passed out from the amount he had to drink that night.

Y/N, however, remained wide awake.

~~~
Y/N returned with a sleeping Five at the earlier hours of the morning. Getting places without his spatial jumping made Y/N realize how much everyone relied on him to get people places.

When she arrived, Luther's lopsided car was practically decomposing in the driveway, Allison's parked far from his, and Vanya's out onto the street. But she drove away just as Y/N walked through the door.

"Hey! A little help here, Five isn't that lig-"

Dread.

Y/N almost dropped Five if it weren't for Luther who quickly picked him from her arms and laid him on the sofa.