Chapter 22: Making Up

I woke up in my bed. I wrapped myself in my blankets. I was so warm and I didn't want to get up, but I knew I should. The clock in the night stand read 2 o'clock. So I stumbled out of bed, the blankets around me. I walked into the common room to get some snacks. Pop tarts to be exact. They had grown on me. I munched my snacks and looked up. Sitting on the couch was Loki. I smiled at him and sat next to him.
"Can you bring back Bo?" I asked. He smiled and made Boshaft appear. He leaped into my lap and I stroked him. He jumped up and kissed my nose. I giggled. Then Steve came in. My face fell, and I tried to get up and leave, but Loki pulled me back down. "Hey."
"Come on Abby you can't stay mad at them forever." Loki whispered.
"Oh I sure could." I mumbled. Loki glared at me. Steve looked nervous as he sat down. I pet Bo to keep me calm.
"Look Abby I'm sorry. I didn't mean to upset you. To be honest I was kind of jealous you didn't trust me, and you trusted Nat. Do you forgive me?" I looked in his eyes and I saw them pleading with me, pleading for forgiveness. I softened a little bit and said,
"Yes. I forgive you. I forgive all of you, you can come out now." Everyone came out of their hiding places smiling.
"Group hug!" Clint yelled. Everyone piled on top of me. I laughed, these people were so weird.
"Ok ok I get it. Now get off of me. You're crushing Bo."
"Who's Bo?" Someone asked, I couldn't tell who. I pointed at the sleeping puppy on my lap.
"Or Boshaft."
"Why would you name a puppy mischievous in German?"
"Well he was a gift from the god of mischief, so that's why." Everyone looked at Loki.
"You got her a puppy? Why don't I get one?" Peter pouted.
"Well he's not technically real." I gasped.
"The poor puppy! Why would you say that?" Everyone laughed as I covered Bo's ears. My mood fell as I realized I would have to go back to the streets tomorrow.
"Hey. What's wrong?" Tony asked.
"Well, I guess I king of got used to it here. I have to go back to the streets tomorrow."
"Why?" Clint asked.
"Well I did say I was only staying for two days.  Besides, I don't want to burden you."
"Yes, but that was before you told us the truth. Now since you have no where to stay, well that's a different matter. And you're not a burden." Steve pointed out.
"Trust me, you don't want me."
"Why would you say that?"
"Well for one, I'm a sassy fourteen year old who has panic attacks when she sees needles, has giant metal death wings, hypnotism and an orphan."
"An you're perfect the way you are." Nat said as she hugged me.
"Can we adopt you?" Tony said suddenly. "I mean you can say no if you want to. We already pretty much adopted Peter, so I mean-"
"Yes." I whispered.
"What? Really?"
"Yeah. Yes. Please. I would love that." They all wrapped me in a hug again and I felt a tear roll down my cheek.