Chapter 26: Consequences

Well this wasn't going to be good. I sat on the couch staring back at Tony, Steve and Nat, whispering to each other. They eventually turned to me.
"So Abby, we've decided your punishment." Uh oh. A memory flashed in my mind. I shook myself off. You're not there anymore, these people care about you. But I could t help it, I stared at them while their lips moved. I couldn't hear, I was stuck flashing back into my head.
I was screaming. Hot iron burned into my skin. I could smell my burning flesh. The people I once called parents grinned evilly and pushed the brand further into me. They eventually ripped it out and sat me down in a chair. I was panting, holding my searing arm. They started to slash me. Thai was the worst punishment I had gotten. Most of my scars were from this night. I don't even know what I did. I was bleeding, I could hear the blood, my blood drip slowly onto the floor. They left my wounds open and threw me back in my room.
"Abby! Abby!" My head snapped up and I started to fight against the hands that were holding me. I punched one guy in the face and I heard a crack as I broke his nose. I opened my eyes and found myself back at the tower. Tony was holding his hands up, almost in surrender. "Shh it's ok, they're not here. You're safe." I started to sob as Tony put his arms around me. I saw Steve stumble up from where I knocked him down. I dried harder as I saw his bloody face.
"No, no. It's ok. I'm fine see." He squeezed my hand.
"B-but I hu-hurt you." I struggled to get real words out.
"It's fine. Trust me I've had worse."
"That was a pretty good punch though." Tony said: I chuckled through sniffles.
"Thanks. I've got to be ready for Clint." I heard a squeak behind me and I saw Clint and some other people standing there. I laughed softly. "You see that Clint. Next time maybe that'll be you." Tony stated. His face brightened as he said,
"Yeah but Allen wouldn't hurt her favourite uncle. Would you Abby?"
"Oh I don't think that you're her favourite Clint." Nat argued.
"Yeah I am." Sam said.
"Uh no." I pointed out, "you ate my candy." He pouted. Then there was a blur and everyone's hair was swept back.
"Pietro!" Wanda yelled as she tackled her brother.
"Hey Wanda." The he saw everyone crowded around me. "And who is this?"
"This," I pointed at myself, "is your new niece."
"Wanda had a baby?!"
"No Speedy. Tony adopted her."
"Ah that makes more sense. So what's your name?"
"Abby. Abby Allen. Do you like pranks?" Everyone groaned and the speedster grinned.
"Who doesn't? I'm the resident pranker when I'm here."
"Not anymore you're not." Clint said.
"What do you mean?"
"Well your new niece here, has been playing pranks on us."
"Looks like you got some competition." I said smirking.
"Hah you're on squirt."
"Don't call me that."
"You should watch out Pietro. She has some serious skills." Wanda said.
"No one can beat me. But I will go easy on you this time. Just to make it fair." I shook his hand.
"Deal! Best prank on Clint wins."
"You're on!" You could hear a soft hey from Clint, but he knew nothing would change our minds. I stroked Bo who had appeared in my lap. This was going to be fun.