Chapter 42: Ice Cream

After a couple minutes of our car complaining how late we were, we arrived at the ice cream shop. It was small, mostly because we didn't want to get noticed. Pepper wrote down everyone's orders and her and Wanda went to go get them.
"Seriously though, why were you so late?" Dad asked.
"Oh come on we weren't that late. And I saw my friend. I had to say hi."
"Your friend was at the tower?" Steve looked confused, as did everyone else.
"Yeah. Her mom works there so she comes to visit. It just so happens she was there today."
"What's her name?" Tony asked smirking.
"No. No you are not getting in the middle of this. Don't even start." He held his hands up in surrender.
"Fine fine. Whatever. Still didn't get an answer though." I glared at him. He was still smirking.
"Iris." I could feel everyone's eyes on me and Tony. Pepper and Wanda thankfully came to deliver our ice cream. I scooped up a spoonful and let it melt on my tongue. I ignored Tony's looks. I stabbed at my ice cream, thinking about the run in. She was as beautiful as ever. I felt Nat elbow me.
"What has that ice cream done to you?" She asked jokingly. I looked down to see my ice cream melted and crushed.
"Oops."
"What're you thinking about over there Abs? Iris?" Tony asked smirking. I rolled my eyes. Hoping I wasn't blushing.
"None of your beeswax."
"So it is her." He chuckled. I struggled to get words out.
"Oh come on Abby, you think we're that stupid?" Clint asked.
"I was hoping." I muttered.
"You know there's nothing to be ashamed of. We love you just the way you are." Steve said. I nodded.
"I know. But I was scared. The first time it didn't go so well." Everyone frowned.
"What do you mean?" I winced a little bit as the memories came back.
"It all started when..."
My parents had finally given me a little freedom. Under their watchful eye of course. I was grateful. Now I could actually have fun. I explored our little town for awhile, until I accidentally bumped into someone. We both apologized. After that we became fast friends, my parents even let me go to her house. After awhile, I realized that what I was feeling, was not just friendship, I liked her more than that. So one day, we were sitting in the beach hanging out when I suddenly blurted,
"I think I like you, like, like you like you." She stumbled back.
"No you don't. That's weird." Her face fell and I could feel hot tears form in my eyes.
"No it's not. I like you." She got up and started to run. I tried to stop her, but before I could she had already told her parents. When I arrived they slapped me, took me I was a freak. I ran away, back to my house.
That's when I got the beating, the one that gave me all the scars. I didn't understand at first, but eventually I got it. I could never have friends, I was better off alone.
I snapped out of the memory, finishing my story. Everyone was silent. Then I felt two arms wrap around me, I saw Loki.
"It's ok now. You don't have to worry." I hugged the arms that held me. It felt nice to have a feeling of comfort. We talked for a bit before finishing our ice cream. Then we got in the car, and drove home. I was finally surrounded by people who cared. They weren't going to leave me. We arrived back at the tower, and went upstairs. It was only 7 so we decided to play some games. Bruce left, saying it wasn't good for his blood pressure. So me, Tony, Nat, Pietro, Clint and Steve were all playing.
"Hah! Take that Clint!" I shouted.
"Not fair! You're cheating!" He insisted.
"How? May I ask how I'm cheating? You're just a sore loser!" He gasped.
"How dare you? You're gonna get it now!" I ran out and locked myself in my room laughing. I looked at the clock and noticed that it was 9. I had school tomorrow and I was pretty tired. So I dosed off, hoping I didn't have any nightmares.

The Girl With The Metal Wings // Avengers Fan FictionOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara