Chapter 35: Fun Assignment

I survived the next week of school. Iris became our friend. Torturing me in the process. But I could deal with it. The only class I liked was R&E. Yes I was good at Computer Science, but we never did anything fun. Tilly actually was a good teacher. I looked forward to it everyday. I finished assignments quicker than everyone. She had to give me more advanced ones. I had already made two more Nitros. Then one day disaster struck. We were sitting chemistry and Mrs. Meyers had finally given a good assignment. We tripled up and sat at our stations. I hardly listened to her talk about the rules. I was too excited. Maybe I could make something blow up! Jake tapped my shoulder.
"You ok over there? You're literally bouncing."
"Yeah I'm just super excited. What if we get to blow something up? Can I do it? I want to mix them."
"Slow down." Iris laughed. "Sure you can, but be careful." Iris followed all the rules. She was shy and got good grades. Me on the other hand, was a loud, obnoxious, sarcastic, douche who only liked robotics. So of course I wasn't careful. I poured the liquid into the beaker.
"No Abby!" Jake yelled. Too late. The substance exploded. Out came fluffy yellow bubbles. It got everywhere. Covering the three of us.
"So that's what it does." I said in awe of what had happened. Jake was holding his head in his hands. Iris looked like she was going to faint.
"What happened?" Mrs. Meyers demanded.
"I mixed them. I though that was what you wanted."
"No I specifically said to only mix a little bit." She groaned. "Alright everyone out! Abby clean yourself off and then go to the office. I'll come talk to you in a minute." So I bounced out of the room, content that I had some fun. I washed myself off as best I could and then sat in the office waiting. A few minutes later Mrs. Meyers came in.
"Why did you do that?"
"I just wanted to blow something up. Besides it was fun!"
"Abby. You can't just blow stuff up. We have lab safety for a reason. That stuff cousin have been dangerous."
"Yeah but it's not." I stated as I pulled some fluff out of my hair and proceeded to play with it. It was awesome. The bubbles didn't dissolve as you touched them. It was bouncy and really fun to play with. Mrs. Meyers sighed.
"Here's what we are going to do. You get a week of detention for this little stunt. And I'm calling your parents."
"Fine." She got up and made the phone call. Nat probably answered it because she wasn't in shock. She hung up and told me to wait out front for my ride. I got up and waited, a goofy grin on my face. I pulled all the bubbles out of my hair and played with them. Soon, a red BMW pulled up. I got in the passenger seat.
"What happened to you?" But he red head asked.
"I'll tel you later. First I need a shower."
"Yeah you do." We drove home and I showered. I figured out the bubbles dissolved on water. I dried my hair and walked into the common room.
"Aren't you supposed to be at school?" Steve asked. I saw hi sitting in the couch with Bucky.
"Oh yeah about that." They both looked at me suspiciously. "Well why don't we get everyone in here so they can all yell at me at the same time." So here I was. Sitting in front of the worlds mightiest heroes. Including the original 6 avengers, Loki, Wanda, Pietro, Bucky and Sam. "Alright so I was in chem and was finally got a good assignment. So I was super excited and I didn't really listen to the instructions. So I mixed them and then yellow, fluffy bubbles came out and covered the classroom. So I got detention and Mrs. Meyers sent me home." I beamed looking at their shocked faces.
"You blew something up?" Tony asked.
"Yep!" I said cheerily. He looked curious.
"So what did the bubbles do?" I grinned, and started to explain when a voice said,
"Tony you can't be proud of a lab explosion." I turned and in the door was Pepper Potts. Tony's wife.
"Sorry Pep. But it is pretty cool."
"So you're the new kid huh?"
"Yeah. Nice to meet you." She smiled.
"Nice to meet you too." The all hell broke loose.