4| Sharing

Chapter 4: Sharing (Noah's POV)

"I am full of it?" she scoffed but continued dancing with me nonetheless. 

"I suppose you're not very fond of me," I stated. 

"No," she answered. 

"But you're dancing with me. Why?" I smirked. 

"You grabbed me," she retorted. 

"Do you want me to leave?" I questioned. 

"I don't care," she shrugged.

"Sure you don't," I scoffed. 

"Are you drunk?" 

"No, but you're tipsy," I stated. 

"How would you know that?" She arched an eyebrow at me. 

"Well, I saw you," I shrugged. 

"So you've been watching me?" 

I spun her around before pulling her against me. "I suppose you can say that." 

"I suppose you can find another girl to dance with," she smiled before pulling her hand out of mine and then walking away, disappearing into the crowd, leaving me hanging. I shook my head while biting back a smile. 

Bella Miller. 

She doesn't even have a valid reason to hate me, apart from the fact that I acted like an ignorant prick throughout high school to her. I try telling myself it would have been different if she was a student and my school, but it probably wouldn't. If people from her school didn't already hate me enough, people from my school hated me too. I was just an asshole. To everyone. 

I looked at the bar where I saw Charlotte sitting and talking to Oliver, Bella was heading to the bathroom, and Ava and Lucas were both missing. They had a one night stand in junior year and it became a whole ordeal because Ava was a virgin. He didn't know, she didn't mention it, they didn't have anything going on and they just ended up sleeping together at a party, both of them tipsy. 

And I don't think she's told, anybody. Even her friends, but Lucas told us. If you ask me, they both were at fault. She should have mentioned it, and he shouldn't have suggested sleeping together when they were both drunk. But it happened. 

I snapped out of it when someone bumped into me before I pushed past the crowd and headed to the bar. "Three fingers of scotch, please." I sat down on an empty barstool, leaning against the counter and watching the crowd stumble and jump around. 

I looked to my left when I heard footsteps and a door close and saw Bella walked past while adjusting the straps of her stunning dress. I grabbed her wrist and she turned around in confusion before her eyes formed into a glare. "Can I at least buy you a drink?" 

She didn't answer, just eyed me warily. "I won't say no to a free drink," she shrugged but still only stood there. 

"A Glen Moray for the lady please," I said to the bartender before pulling out the stool beside mine. She rolled her eyes but sat down, waiting for her drink. "I wouldn't think you'd be the whiskey type," I said while taking my drink. 

"Why is that?" 

"Because normally the girls who drink whiskey have good stories to tell," I smirked, "Would you say you have any?" 

"I'd say egging your house with the team was great fun," she smiled. 

"You were there with the team?" I chuckled. 

"Sure I was. My dad wasn't your coach anymore, you were always a dick to me, I took the opportunity," she shrugged while taking the drink from the bartender.