16| Avoid

Chapter 16: Avoid (Noah's POV)

I woke up the next morning and got ready for the day. I just pulled on my swim trunks with a men's tank from Nike on top and then pulled on slides, carrying a bag with the towel and spare shorts. 

I grabbed a hat on my way out and closed the door on my way out, making sure I had my phone, keys, and wallet. I knocked on her door but nobody answered it. I wanted to kiss her last night. I really did. But I wanted it to be a little better than just in the hotel room. I've been wanting to kiss her for one to two days now, I just wasn't acting on it. 

I stood there for a minute but nobody was answering. Then, I realized I'm a dumbass. Because when I looked down at the handle and saw the sign that told housekeeping to clean up, I found out that she's already downstairs. At first, I was a little offended. 

Was she upset that I kissed her cheek yesterday? That I said I would kiss her? 

It was no secret that she was avoiding me. Big time. 

While I was in line for the breakfast buffet, Ava cut in front of me. "Hey, I was-" 

"You're such an idiot," she whisper-yelled. 

"Yeah, a really big idiot." I turned around and saw Charlotte behind me. 

"I'm lost," I said, looking between the two of them. 

"Keep walking, Noah Hudson, you've got a little test to get through," Charlotte said, pushing me forward. I continued walking with both of them interrogating me. "We heard what you did last night." 

"She told you?" I chuckled. 

"No, we got it out of her. She's not one to tell us everything so quickly," Charlotte said. 

"So why am I being tested? And for what?" 

"That is none of your concern if you genuinely like her," Ava said, without even glancing at me. 

"Who told you that?" I narrowed my eyes at her. 

"Lucas did. Keep walking, Noah," she sang before Charlotte kicked me forward. 

"She's going to avoid you. I hope you know that," Charlotte said. 

"I think I figured that out, thanks," I scoffed. 

"She doesn't like games, Hudson. Don't play her," Ava threatened. 

"I'm not playing her," I said, "Flirting with her doesn't mean I'm playing her, okay?" 

"Well, flirt a little more then," Charlotte shrugged. 

"Just find out a little more about what she likes," Ava suggested. 

"What does she like?" I asked. They both stopped walking so I froze, avoiding bumping into either of them. 

"Huh," Charlotte muttered. 

"Now, you're talkin' but you see we don't uh- we don't really know," Ava said. 

I frowned in confusion. "How the hell do you not know what she likes?" I asked. 

"She doesn't really talk about it. Her love life is her own thing, she doesn't really like talking about it until she knows what's going on," Charlotte explained, pushing me again. I turned around, shooting her a glare before Ava started walking. 

"We'll wing it," Ava shrugged. 

"You can't-" 

"Shut up," they snapped in sync. "She doesn't like surprises, so don't uh- don't go all out with her. Ever. Unless it's something really good," Charlotte said.