10| Italian

Chapter 10: Italian (Bella's POV)

I stepped out of the bathroom with a towel around my body as I dried my hair with another towel. There was a knock on my door. I looked at the door, then at my clothes. Would they be patient enough to wait? 

They knocked again. Clearly not. 

What if it's just Ava or Charlotte? I should just get the door. "I'm coming, one second!" I called out, tossing my hair towel on the bathroom floor. I opened the door, immediately confused. 

"Hey," he grinned. 

I closed the door, only leaving enough room for my head out. "Can I help you?" I asked. 

"Dinner. I was gonna go out, you wanna join?" he asked. 

"You guys are going out?" 

"No, just me," he replied. 

I thought for a moment, "What are you eating?" I narrowed my eyes at him. 

"Mm, Italian," he shrugged. 

"Give me five minutes." 

He laughed, "Can I come in?" he asked. 

"Uh... yeah okay." I moved out of the way and let him come in. I grabbed my clothes off the bed and then turned around to go to the bathroom to get dressed but he stood right there behind me. I stumbled back at the sudden proximity and almost sat on the bed. "Hello," I chuckled. 

"Sorry," he said sheepishly, stepping aside. 

I side-stepped him and went into the bathroom, locking the door. I put my clothes on the counter, looking at myself in the mirror. "What the fuck was that?" I asked myself. I pressed my fingers to my flushed cheeks that were getting red. I sighed, shaking my head before getting dressed. I opened the door and stepped out, grabbing my socks and shoes on the way. "Where are we going?" I asked. 

"The restaurant down the street is Italian, how practical," he said while looking at his phone, "I guess that's where we're going." I stood up, grabbed my purse, my phone, they key-card, and then turned to him. "That's how to tie your laces?" he asked. 

"How else do people tie their laces?" I asked, sitting beside him on the bed. 

"Not like that," he laughed, "That's how a little kid ties them, isn't it? One-bunny-ear, two-bunny-ear?" he chuckled. 

"That's how I tie them," I said, frowning down at the bow I made. Is that not how laces are supposed to be tied? "How do you tie them?" I looked up at him. 

"Faster than that," he laughed. My brows furrowed while he looked at me. He shook his head with a smile before gesturing for me to pull my leg up. I put my legs in his lap while he untied my laces. "I tie them like this." I watched as he did some voodoo shit and tied my laces in the blink of an eye. 

"What the hell was that?" I asked. 

He laughed before untying them again and turning to me. "A normal knot first, wrap the right string on your right index fingers and thumb, the left on your left, lock your fingers like that, and..." He looked up at me, "Pull through." 

"Where on earth did you learn this?" 

"A tennis player tied his laces like that on TV. I went out of my way to find out how the fuck he did it," he laughed. 

I pulled my left leg up to myself and untied my laces. "A normal knot?" He nodded. "Wrap it like this?" 

"Like this," he chuckled, correcting the shoelace on my fingers.