5| Danger

Chapter 5: Danger (Bella's POV)

I woke up the next morning, my head pounding, my throat dry, my body aching, just overall a mess. "Oh, shit," I mumbled, pushing myself up into a sitting position. I grabbed the water bottle quickly and chugged it, hoping to ease the ache and burn in my throat and also maybe reduce the nausea. 

I sat there for a while, trying to remember what happened last night but I couldn't remember much after Noah saved me from getting run over. I looked around the room. Everything seemed fine and in place, as neat as it could be. My phone was plugged in on charge for me, the key card was put on the nightstand, the other one probably put into the holder by the entrance, and the balcony door had been locked. 

I don't remember doing that, so I assumed housekeeping locked it. My phone beeped with a text. 

Ava- Dining hall in twenty, I need to tell you guys something. 

I sighed and ran my fingers through my tangled hair before forcing myself out and into the bathroom. I took a quick shower and then got dressed for the day wearing boyfriend jeans with a light yellow crop top, throwing on a white bralette underneath with some sneakers. 

I left my hair down for the day and then grabbed my purse, phone, and key-card and then headed downstairs. When I got to the dining hall and grabbed my food, Ava and Charlotte were already sitting there and Ava seemed nervous, to say the least. "Hey," I said, sitting in front of them since they were sitting on the sofa together so I took the chairs opposite to that. "What's going on?" I asked. 

"Okay," she sighed, "Bella, you asked me yesterday about what happened in junior year at the bar, do you remember that?" I nodded in response. 

"What happened?" Charlotte questioned. 

She closed her eyes and winced, running her hand over her face, "I slept with Lucas," she mumbled. 

"You what?!" we asked in sync, getting weird looks from the family to our left. 

"Say it louder, won't you?" she groaned, "I slept with him. We were both drunk and- god, it was just a huge mess and um-" 

"What?" Charlotte asked. 

"I was a virgin," she huffed. 

"He's the one you- oh my god," Charlotte sighed, facepalming. 

"He was your first, Ava?" I asked and she nodded in response. "Well then, what happened?" 

She shrugged, "Nothing. There was nothing going on between us, we didn't even talk to each other before that and he took the rivalry so seriously, and I was mad because he didn't stop me from sleeping with him, but to be fair, he didn't know I was a virgin." 

"You didn't tell him?!" I gaped at her while she guiltily shook her head. 

"So, we just never talked to each other again. But then last night," she cried, leaning her head back and staring at the ceiling.

"Last night what, Ava?" Charlotte asked. 

Ava covered her face with her hands, shaking her head, "I can't say it." It's pretty obvious what happened. 

"You slept with him again, didn't you?" 

She looked at me, "How do you know that?" 

"Oh, my god, she did it again," Charlotte said, smacking her palms onto the table. 

"It's obvious," I rolled my eyes, "And I was there when you came out of the bathroom with him at the bar, remember?" 

"Yeah, you were sitting there with Noah," she mumbled.