(Ch: 1) Barely Existing

Cora Greer's P.O.V:

I was laying on my bed in my messy ass bedroom staring at the ceiling when my phone went off. I literally pounced on it as I checked to see who'd texted me. 

Well, there could be only one of two possibilities. 

It's either spam mail (since I am lonely as fuck and have no friends what so ever) or it could be him, the love of my fucking life. I've been in love with him since the day I moved to this shitty town.

My dad had died of a heart attack after he caught my mom cheating on him so my mom's sugar daddy forced us to move to his home town where he could abuse us to no avail without having to worry about the police since nobody gives a fuck about anyone else but themselves here.

My life was a miserable mess and I had been thinking of doing something drastic like running away or... something.

I had been staring out my window, it was a dark cloudy day, when I saw him, my neighbor, Miles Davis.

Ash blonde hair, gray eyes, tall as fuck, damn, he's so my type! 

Well, all tall guys are my type but...

He was staring down at the phone in his hands and laughing at something like it was the most hilarious thing in the world. I felt my stomach do a somersault. My breath caught in my throat as I gawked at his beautiful face like I'd never seen a boy before. 

Just then he looked up in my direction, right into my eyes.

I quickly hid behind the sheer white curtains my back to the wall, trying in vain to calm my breathing down. 

I peeked again and saw him smile and wave. I timidly came out towards the window and hesitantly waved back at him with a small, shy smile.

He's all that kept me going.

Miles was a popular kid in middle school and went on to becoming a popular jock in high school. I tried talking to him, to be friends with him, but he was just always surrounded by a crowd that I couldn't fit into.

So, as much as I wanted us to be friends, we stayed like strangers, just occasionally smiling at each other down the hallway or waving through the windows.

But last week, after mustering up all my courage, I had asked him out. It was just after graduation (yep, I just graduated!) and the words just came tumbling out of my mouth. I pursed my lips awaiting the worse but he had actually said yes.

We went on our first date yesterday (i.e. Saturday) and now as I was reading his text I jumped around my room with excitement.

He wanted to go out again today.

He texted the address of some bar and said that his friends would be showing up too so it was kind of a celebratory-party-post-graduation-thingy.

I told him I wouldn't mind his friends and immediately got up to pick a cute dress for tonight.

It was gonna be my first time going to a bar so I didn't actually know what to wear. I decided on a cute black dress that was full sleeved and reached mid-thigh. It was skin-tight and had a plunging V-neck that was neither too slutty nor too innocent.

I was hanging the dress back in the closet so I could wear it later when I heard my door creak open. I gasped as my head whipped around.

It was John, my mom's boyfriend.

"Out." I said solemnly. He came in and shut the door with a smirk. I could smell the alcohol off him. It was starting to turn into his natural scent

"I said OUT!" I shrieked.

He came and grabbed my wrists as he slammed me against my wardrobe. A cry of pain escaped my lips when I felt pain shoot up mu spine as I struggled to get myself free from his grasp. "MOM!!!" I cried out. But I knew she would ignore my cries.

Like she always did.

"Shut the fuck up, Cory." He growled in my ear. "It's Cora!" I said defiantly. He slapped me across the face swiftly and grabbed my cheeks painfully as he kissed me harshly. I struggled under his immense weight, cursing myself for being fucking 5 feet, but it was useless.

He pushed me onto the bed and quickly climbed over, straddling my tiny waist. "Mom!!! Help me!" I cried again in a shrill voice.

John cover my mouth with his big beefy hand as he started roaming his hands all over me. I tried to punch and scratch him but he just laughed at my feeble attempts to hurt him. He grabbed the hem of my sweatpants and tried to pull them down. My eyes widened.

He had been molesting me for years but he had never actually gotten the chance to rape me... yet.

I bit his hand and he let go with a hiss. I screamed with all my might and my mom finally came in. "John, that's enough, John. John get off her. Come to bed." she said, trying to distract him. John grunted as he slowly got off me. 

My mother couldn't look me in the eyes as she guided him out of my room.

She popped her head back in to look at me with anger. "Why don't you just lock your fucking door, Cora." she hissed and slammed the door shut.

I stayed in the same position, staring up at the ceiling. There was a black spot slowly forming there cause this house was fucking withering away like dust.

I held in my tears. I'd gotten so used to this shit that I didn't even have the energy to cry over it anymore.

I got off the bed and pretended like nothing even happened as I started getting ready for tonight.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OMG! The first Chapter! I'm so excited to be writing this you guys have NO idea. 

Anyways, I hope you liked it! Cause it's only gonna get better haha!! 

Don't forget to Vote and comment!