(Ch: 17) Getting Ready

Cora Greer's P.O.V:

PANIC.

That's all that was going through my mind at the moment. 

The wardrobe was a fucking mess. Clothes strewn everywhere. I couldn't find an appropriate dress to wear and I only had 2 fucking hours till we had to leave.

If you're a girl that's into getting ready for parties then you can probably feel the sheer anxiety that I'm in right now.

"Kitten, what the fuck are you doing?" Harry came in and stared wide-eyed at the mess.

"I DON'T HAVE ANYTHING TO WEAR. 150 FUCKING ARTICLES OF CLOTHING AND IT DOESN'T EVEN HAVE PARTY DRESSES. I CAN'T GO!" I cried exaggerating the situation like the dramatic hoe that I am. 

He suddenly burst into laughter. I glared at him in frustration. 

How could he possibly know what I'm going through!? 

I haven't set foot out of this fucking house since... well since the day I was kidnapped. I can't face the world looking like a raccoon that's been rolling around in a fucking dumpster!

"Get ready, I have your dress tucked away somewhere safe." he chuckled. "What? I-I can't get ready until I've seen the dress! I mean, wha-what's the color? What kind of fabric is it? Does it have a low back or not so should I put my hair up or down? Is the cleavage deep so will I need to wear a necklace-" I started ranting.

Why am I making such a big deal out of this? Well I am going as Harry's girlfriend so I guess I should look like a fucking drug lord's queen.

He came up to me and gently cupped my cheeks in his hands. I stopped talking and stared at his beautiful face.

"What?" I asked softly. After a moment of silence, his lips slowly cracked into a smile.

"Nothing, you just look really pretty." He said and suddenly pecked me on the lips. 

He let go of my cheeks and turned to walk out of the room, leaving me pink and flustered. 

I look pretty...

He quickly peeked his head back into the room. "Oh, and the dress is black and gold." he said before leaving, this time for good.

My knees buckled and I fell to the ground. Why does my heart feel like it's gonna burst out of my chest? 

A big goofy ass grin made its way across my lips as I got up and started to get ready.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My breath caught in my throat when I saw the dress hanging in Harry's room. He wasn't here at the moment so I quickly stripped down to get into the dress, scared that it would 'poof ' away from existence. 

I was careful not to get any makeup on the dress as I slipped it on. After getting the dress on, I put on the earrings that Harry had left on the dressing table.

Suddenly I heard the door open and turned around to see who it was. It was Harry.

He stood there just gawking at me, his jaw hanging open. I couldn't help but laugh at his expression. 

"Thank you for the dress Harry. It's absolutely fucking gorgeous." I said looking down and tracing my hands over the dress.

"It's nothing compared to you, kitten. You look stunning." he grinned.