(Ch: 15) Fear

"W-who are you guys?" I stuttered, fear starting to envelope my mind.

There were two guys standing in the door way. One of them was tall, big and burly. The other, slightly shorter one was lanky.

The brains and the brawn?

Thinking quickly I got up and out of bed. "H-Harry? I think your friends are here!" I called, looking towards the bathroom, hoping they wouldn't catch my bluff.

They immediately looked over to the bathroom and took something out from behind their backs, I realized they were holding guns in their hands and felt my feet go cold.

"He's in the bathroom?" The lanky one asked. I nodded. "The wardrobe across the bathroom." I smiled as I slowly edged towards the door as they made their way towards the bathroom, guns in front of them.

As soon as they were out of sight I made a run for it. Once outside, I almost cried with relief when I saw Louis wandering down the hallway.

I don't even know what would have happened if I'd had to look for him in this- maze.

He looked at me and opened his mouth. "Hey, I was just coming to get you so we could order some pizza-" I grabbed his wrist desperately, cutting him off, and yanked him with me to the nearest door I could find, pulling it open and silently shutting it close.

The room was dark and cold and I backed up, with Louis behind me. I suddenly bumped into him when he stopped moving backwards.

"You wanna tell me what we're doing in this dark room?" he chuckled. I turned around to put my hand over his mouth as the other went to my lips, motioning him to be quiet.

"T-There are guys in the house. They have g-guns!" I cried in a whisper. His amusement suddenly died down and he removed my hand and turned around.

I started pacing in the room. "W-What do we do? We're home alone a-and there are two of them and only one of you, of course I don't count as help since I'm so fucking useless I mean- w-what are we gonna do-" I was mumbling to myself. 

"Cora, CORA-" I looked up at Louis. He had two guns in his hands. 

Only then did I realize that I had, quite fortunately, pulled us into the weapons closet

"You are gonna head over to my room, okay? So you can get the phone and call Harry while I take care of the bad guys. Do you understand? Cora, CORA, look at me, we're gonna be fucking fine. This is child's play for me. But I don't know if there are more of them okay? That's the problem. That's why you need to call Harry, okay?" He said, talking slowly and softly like I was a two year old. 

I forced myself to snap out of it and nodded seriously. He pursed his lips sympathetically and opened the door cautiously. The hallway was empty so we sneaked out.